• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Red Label 68 4.6 Terminator Powered Bronco

OP
OP
houseofdiesel

houseofdiesel

I love it man, turned out great! just curious how much further back is the rear axle from stock, i love how it looks, and im about to go 3/4 ton and want to push the rear back, and i really like how yours looks, most stretches look goofy, and the tube flares are awesome too, how is it for road noise with the bumpers being bolted straight to the body?

Thanks man. I moved it as far back as I could and still clear the OE crossmember in front of the rear tank. I moved the front as far as I could forward with the steering box in the OE location. On the road it is insanely nice. It's no different than our Rubicon. If I did it again I'd stretch it out another 6"-9". It's way too short. The baby bronco I'm building for the kids will almost have the same wheel base. Only thing I'm worried about such a short wheel base with is inclines. On wet corners I'll just have to stay off the throttle. lol Not sure who's it was but there was a light green EB finished some time last year that was stretched nicely. If it's done just enough it still looks clean.

motoman

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
So great to see your rig in the dirt and on the road! Watched your build right from the start. Doesn't sound too bad for the shake down run! More pics and video when you get the chance please!!!

OP
OP
houseofdiesel

houseofdiesel

Update 10/27/12

Finally got to get out and get some seat time in her at Hollister yesterday. Worked great. Steering Pressure is a low but I think it has to do with needing one final tune up. Tuner left the idle low till we fixed a couple little items so I'll just need to get it up to him to bump the idle up and get her dialed in. Here are some pics and a shrt clip before we loaded her up. I changed the tires and ran out of the house and forgot the video camera, so sorry for no good video yet. I think we are going to go back out next weekend to get a full length video in the mini con and rolling around some of the open areas. We are going to enter the wife in it for Top Truck Challenge 2013. Had the wife take it through the Culvert Section and it only got hung up once when the driver side front tire slid of the side. We pulled it back and I asked her if she wanted to just exit. She said hell no. Then proceeded to hit every line and flexed, crawled, and gunned it all the way through without a scratch. I was impressed with both. Here's some pics and the short clip.

2012-10-27_17-22-41_39-1.jpg

2012-10-27_17-20-28_97-1.jpg

2012-10-27_16-52-54_171-1.jpg

2012-10-27_17-22-41_39-1.jpg

http://youtu.be/6ZxkGn36qVQ

OP
OP
houseofdiesel

houseofdiesel

Very nice.

I entered top truck also so let's hope both of us get in so we can put on a good show!

Sweet. What did ya enter in? I looked up what you entered last year. How do you know Cheston? We met at the '09 when Corey was an alternate.

OP
OP
houseofdiesel

houseofdiesel

Hows it holding up? Any tuning issues?

Man I'm afraid to go romp on it. Love the new starter. We had to shave the edges of the teeth for clearance but man, I'll never have to worry about that again. The tuner that set it up and got the ignition system set up for me has me freaked out. He said that it was starving for fuel due to me running dual filters on it so he set it up lean so I could get it going. I'm having a hard time lining him or the Dyno guy in Hollister up to get it dialed in. It runs great I'm just don't want to burn a hole in a piston or something crazy. Haven't been in the mood to take it out due to the weather too.

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
I think I shared this before but this guy is one of the best DOHC tuners in the world. He was flown out to Dubai to tune some high HP Mustangs not that long ago

http://www.brooksspeed.com/

He can tune it while you're on anyone's dyno.

OP
OP
houseofdiesel

houseofdiesel

I think I shared this before but this guy is one of the best DOHC tuners in the world. He was flown out to Dubai to tune some high HP Mustangs not that long ago

http://www.brooksspeed.com/

He can tune it while you're on anyone's dyno.

lol That's not close by. The guy that redid the ignition system can do it on anyones dyno too but trying to get them both on the same schedule is the tough part. Now I'm putting it off until spring anyways, cause I jumped on the wife's '74 Dually Conversion and my '86 Diesel Ranger Builds.

fordfan

Bronco Guru
lol That's not close by. The guy that redid the ignition system can do it on anyones dyno too but trying to get them both on the same schedule is the tough part. Now I'm putting it off until spring anyways, cause I jumped on the wife's '74 Dually Conversion and my '86 Diesel Ranger Builds.

What kind of diesel are you installing in the Ranger? That should be a cool package!

OP
OP
houseofdiesel

houseofdiesel

What kind of diesel are you installing in the Ranger? That should be a cool package!

VT 275. I'm doing a '86 Ranger right now to make sure that I like the setup. If so I'm going to go all out on the Early Bronco.

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
He does remote tuning through your datalogger. The same thing a tuner would do in person at a dyno. Just a heads up if you want to get it all buttoned up and on the road! Cause we want more vids! :)

OP
OP
houseofdiesel

houseofdiesel

He does remote tuning through your datalogger. The same thing a tuner would do in person at a dyno. Just a heads up if you want to get it all buttoned up and on the road! Cause we want more vids! :)

I figured, I was just attempting to make lite of it. Just pain in the rear getting everyone on the same page and finding the time myself. Believe me I want some more video myself. lol

bsquared

Contributor
Man, that is one mean build! Kudos to you and your team for being able to fab like that.

Really nice build and thanks for taking the time to share. B2

OP
OP
houseofdiesel

houseofdiesel

Update 1/14/13

Nothing too crazy to look at. Was only able to get this short clip from the weekend. Snow was deep as heck so it was just a lot of little forward and a little backwards. Everybody was great though, and it was a good group of people to be around. Bronco ran great. I've gotta get some video on the open road cause this thing drive awesome on the street for having such massive drive train. 45 miles up and back from Nevada County Fairgrounds to Hell's Pass with no issues. She doesn't even have any body lean with no sway bars. It kept up with the '11 Rubicon Unlimited on 35"s all the way up there. Should have lots of good video though this year. Taking her to the Rubicon NorCal Bronco run and Katempsy for sure.

http://youtu.be/sZQqWYIqe8I

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Hell yeah! Good Luck and I am sure that she will represent the Bronco enthusiasts well.

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
381 ci equals 6.2L. I thought that HoD had installed a 5.4 mod-motor.