• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Replacing Speedometer cable

tampabronco

Any tips or anything I should know before replacing the cable on my 76 bronco? Has a 1" body lift and "should" be straight forward..... Any advice is appreciated

SHX669

Bronco Guru
I just did this on mine with a 1" body lift . The new cable was 3-4 " longer than the one I took out . I have no idea if that one was original but the new fit better and was easier to install.
Only tip is make sure the male " drive " part of the cable is seated in the female part of the speedo head.

snowymtnwolf

Same boat here - I replaced my cable a few months ago and was working - took speedometer out to spruce it up, and when I reinstalled speedometer cable, now it's not working. I'm going to try to ensure it is "seated" properly later this afternoon. Hope it works. Thx for the tips.