• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

RJM harness and a few other EFI Questions(I know AGAIN)

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
I'm on the home stretch of my efi finally, and I have a couple of things I'm not sure about. I have the RJM harness, explorer parts, A9P computer, manual for now....

First, the RJM harness has a wire to connect to the alternator to 'turn it on'? I'm still running the stock 71' alternator, what/how do I connect this?

VSS do I really need it? I have one from a 4R70W but not sure if I even need it, as some on here don't seem to use one?

Theres also a connection where I need to choose wether auto or manual transmission. Does this mean what tranny I'm running now or what the computer is for, I think an A9P is for an automatic if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks. I'll post pics tommorow, its been a loong weekend under the bronco.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
You should be able to use your existing alt wiring and regulator unless you pulled it out. It's separate from the old engine harness. I can send you a diagram if you need it. Cap the new harness alt. wire until you upgrade. I've also heard that a lot of folks don't use the VSS and don't have issues. You can always try it without. At worst the engine may stall when coming to a stop. After looking at the RJM manual it's not very clear if the trans plug should correspond to the computer or trans. Hopefully someone else will answer this one for you.

Silverhorse

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pensacola
I'm using the same computer you mentioned. I took it to mean what tranny your running with the conversion.