• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rocky Mtn Rendezvous??

OP
OP
jw0747

jw0747

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
never been to Yankee Boy or Governor Basin. think left turn off from Yankee Boy road to head up to Governor is a little bit farther than the left cutoff for Imogene. Yankee Boy they say is beautiful in summer.

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yup the turn is after the turn for Imogene, and yes Yankee boy is one of the best areas for wild flowers.

drewloch

Cool, I will probably get into Ouray on Sunday July 31 and will leave on Monday the 8th.

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
I made our reservations today for the pond area, they are near the front and have larger sights that are closer to the cafe, cabins, and rv sites. The best sites are already reserved in the back...

There's only a month left to get reservations in... http://koa.com/Campground.aspx?fid=144085

Coby I let the RMR in 08' if you need a hand with anything, feel free to let me know.

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My club is doing trail work on Black Bear on Saturday so I'll be going to help out with that, how about Yankee Boy and Governors basin on Friday? Both trails are very close to Ouray.

coby

Loc.
Fort Collins, CO
My club is doing trail work on Black Bear on Saturday so I'll be going to help out with that, how about Yankee Boy and Governors basin on Friday? Both trails are very close to Ouray.

I think those would be awesome for tomorrow. And I'm thinking Poughkeepsie with something else on Sunday; Clint is going to try to make it down for that.

We're here at the campsite...sitting by the creek having coffee right now. Our campsite is 40a for anyone that wants to stop by. I can also be reached by phone.... 970 481 4170. See ya'll here.

motoman

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
I would love to make this trip next year! Please post up when you know the timing next year!!! It's on my Bronco Bucket List! ;D

70_Steve

Old Guy
This trip is on my list as well! But no way I could have made it out there on the tires I'm running now. Just waiting on a set of KM2's!

ManTruck

Bronco Guru
Wish I was there with you this year but have other things going on in Florida which have taken a priority...dang it.

BradH

Loc.
Blandinsville, Il
I feel the pain here in Illinois Man truck. Hot Hot. I wish I was there too. Have a goood time. Maybe next year.
Brad

coby

Loc.
Fort Collins, CO
I feel the pain here in Illinois Man truck. Hot Hot. I wish I was there too. Have a goood time. Maybe next year.
Brad

Brad! Long time no see...we were actually talkin' about you today! We're havin' a blast here....from the recent unusual rains the flowers are just amazing this year......bizarre.

Got more folks that came than I thought would...met some new folks, hooked up with folks I'd not seen in a long while. It's been fantastic. Can't believe how much I've missed this stuff!

Broke a few things here 'n there too; gettin' up to speed on the Black Cloud. Apparently there's more issues than I thought...but nothing insurmountable. I am considering a hybrid 60/9, maybe from Spidertrax, though. Just kinda tired of the old dana 44 and it's issues.

ManTruck

Bronco Guru
Brad

Next year Brad....for sure. All the heat makes for a good crop right.

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
This was the year of break downs! I think Steve's luber was the only one out of our group that didn't have any issues... From minor heater valve failures, vapor locked efi, to spindles falling off:eek: That and one of my kids getting sick, even she had fun.

BUT we all had a great time! We met new folks and had a great weekend. The weather was increadible mid 70's daytime 50 for a low.

After 2 incidents of extended 250+ ATF temp's I now have a shudder in overdrive? Hopefully it's not completely smoked? My rig had the ruptured heater valve. I'm now on the hunt for an all metal valve.

burntfish

Loc.
ouray, co
Trip to ouray

Heater valve 37 mins
Dana 44 broken knuckle 4.5 hr
4 vapor locks 1.5 hr and 2 cans of brake clean
Broken wheel studs 2 hr
bad trailer bearings 4 days
Broken hydro boost line 42 min

A weekend with friends fixing rigs Priceless

Last edited:

BradH

Loc.
Blandinsville, Il
Coby
I have wheeled with Black cloud in Colorado. I have wheeled with Black cloud in Indiana. I will wheel with Black cloud in Colorado again! Hope to see you all next summer.
I did the spidertrax thing 2 years ago. Has worked well. Hope to see some pics soon.
Brad

Brad! Long time no see...we were actually talkin' about you today! We're havin' a blast here....from the recent unusual rains the flowers are just amazing this year......bizarre.

Got more folks that came than I thought would...met some new folks, hooked up with folks I'd not seen in a long while. It's been fantastic. Can't believe how much I've missed this stuff!

Broke a few things here 'n there too; gettin' up to speed on the Black Cloud. Apparently there's more issues than I thought...but nothing insurmountable. I am considering a hybrid 60/9, maybe from Spidertrax, though. Just kinda tired of the old dana 44 and it's issues.

coby

Loc.
Fort Collins, CO
Coby
I have wheeled with Black cloud in Colorado. I have wheeled with Black cloud in Indiana. I will wheel with Black cloud in Colorado again! Hope to see you all next summer.
I did the spidertrax thing 2 years ago. Has worked well. Hope to see some pics soon.
Brad

How did you configure yours and what did you like/dislike about it? Would you change anything now? Is there a writeup already on yours? You're airbagged front and rear, correct?