• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Roller Cam (CompCam)

OP
OP
ksbronco75

ksbronco75

Contributor
When you start the break in process and the engine isn't running right, shut it down and do your adjustments. Just don't continue running the motor if you can't keep it at the proper RPM's. I broke mine in with a new Fitech and had some problems but shut down and adjusted and restarted the break in and it came out fine. Main thing is the motor needs to run continuously at the recommended RPM's but it won't hurt it if you do it in increments if you have to.

this is something i was thinking about doing this time around. I did not break in the cam in this motor the first time. As for worrying about longevity and low throttle response, this bronco sees the road about a dozen times a year. she takes me to the gym and grocery shopping on nice days. other than that she just sits and looks pretty

EPB72

Contributor
Loc.
Pleasant Hill, CA
My oil of choice is Valvoline vr1 ,,,joe gibbs driven racing oil as well ,all high in zinc and phosphorus ,,Valvoline easy to find locally,,