• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SEMA 2023 pics

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
SEMA is basically a one day affair for me this year so I didn't get to see every nook and cranny of the show this year. In my 30K+ steps yesterday, I found only 4 EBs on display - reminiscent of SEMAs of yore rather than of late when there seemed to be another one everywhere you turned. They've been supplanted by the 6G trucks which were everywhere.

It was great to see WH's Nitemare truck on display - all cleaned up for the dance in the Milemarker booth.

The one EB-related new product I saw was a new keyless remote system by Classic Keyless - available for the 67-77 trucks.

An hour or so of visiting today and then I'm done with the show for another year.

Todd Z.

Attachments

• IMG_4957.jpg
    IMG_4957.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_4830.jpg
    IMG_4830.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_4819.jpg
    IMG_4819.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_4815.jpg
    IMG_4815.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_4814.jpg
    IMG_4814.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_4861.jpg
    IMG_4861.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 224
OP
OP
toddz69

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
On a more personal note, in 2001 I met Stacey David at the SEMA show right after he had finished the Crazy Horse build. Yesterday I ran into him again and got to chat a bit - surprised that he remembered me ("you write for Bronco Driver magazine, right?") and then we shared a couple of good stories.

Note that we haven't aged at all 22 years later!

Todd Z.

Attachments

• IMG_3750.JPG
    IMG_3750.JPG
    196 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_4896.jpg
    IMG_4896.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 155

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Pretty cool stuff Todd! Thanks for sharing!

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Thanks for the highlights. Going to miss it this year myself. Too much going on in life and no need for the latest and greatest.
That custom bumper that was styled in the original way took a second look. If it wasn't for the eyelets on the front I wouldn't have picked that out in the quick picture.

My Stacy David moment at SEMA was when I asked about his boat. There was a little peak of it and a detail was specific to the same boat I have. I don't think he has ever made mention of it. And I was asking about it by brand. Clearly threw him for a loop.

I'm going to make more of an effort to get back in next year. For nearly 2 decades I was going yearly. Now I am backing off to once every 3 years. Don't miss Vegas at all. I could be completely happy in life if I never go back.

BruiserOutdoors

thanks for sharing. Pretty cool chrome front and rear bumper. What booth was that bronco apart of?

Tricky Dick

Sponsor/Vendor
I like those front marker lights on the gray one, who makes those?

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
ALWAYS enjoy the yearly SEMA updates... reporting for 4 decades now right!!?? '90's till now right? :)

Ro_Ja Boy

Todd...where's that chalk colored Bronco located? Planning to go Friday and want to see some of the details in person. Thanks

OP
OP
toddz69

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Todd...where's that chalk colored Bronco located? Planning to go Friday and want to see some of the details in person. Thanks
Sorry - been traveling and not getting notifications. I think that Bronco is in one of the booths on the south side of the area where they do the drifting, where Ford out front used to be - if you’re familIar with the convention center layout.

Todd Z.

Ro_Ja Boy

Sorry - been traveling and not getting notifications. I think that Bronco is in one of the booths on the south side of the area where they do the drifting, where Ford out front used to be - if you’re familIar with the convention center layout.

Todd Z.
I am. Worked for SEMA 1.5 decades ago for a handful of years and usually go every few years. Planning to go on Friday for a bit. Thank you

OP
OP
toddz69

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
ALWAYS enjoy the yearly SEMA updates... reporting for 4 decades now right!!?? '90's till now right? :)
Dang - yeah, I think I am in my 4th decade....started in my late 20s in the 90s. Making me feel old!

Todd Z.

OP
OP
toddz69

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I am. Worked for SEMA 1.5 decades ago for a handful of years and usually go every few years. Planning to go on Friday for a bit. Thank you
Then you are well acquainted with where you'll find it!

Todd Z.

ssray

Loc.
South Central NE
Wondering when SEMA started I did a quick search and found out they sponsored a show in 1966 and received a check for 535$. The first official show was 1967 so about as old as our Broncos. And about 5 years older then my 72 which I got in 73 a year out of HS. I think I need a nap now. :)

ssray

Loc.
South Central NE

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
TZ would know this but does anybody remember the year James Duff win a SEMA award for poly bushings for EB's?

Tricky Dick

Sponsor/Vendor

Ether

Contributor
Loc.
Tulsa
SEMA is basically a one day affair for me this year so I didn't get to see every nook and cranny of the show this year. In my 30K+ steps yesterday, I found only 4 EBs on display - reminiscent of SEMAs of yore rather than of late when there seemed to be another one everywhere you turned. They've been supplanted by the 6G trucks which were everywhere.

It was great to see WH's Nitemare truck on display - all cleaned up for the dance in the Milemarker booth.

The one EB-related new product I saw was a new keyless remote system by Classic Keyless - available for the 67-77 trucks.

An hour or so of visiting today and then I'm done with the show for another year.

Todd Z.
That 2nd bronco is beautiful