• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Sending unit to fuel line connection

rockingm82

Loc.
St. Peters, MO
What do you use to connect your sending unit to nylon fuel line.

I just refurbished my tank (no leaks!) and was wondering the best way to go about this. Whatever was used before is completely disintegrated and unidentifiable.

Thanks

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I don't know if it differed from the factory, but I've always used your basic old 3/8" fuel line and standard hose clamps. Never had a problem.
But with all the crappy rubber we get these days, and the new stuff they put in fuel, I'd spend the extra and opt for the more expensive Fuel Injection rated hose.

Either that, or just replace your entire system with hand bent 3/8" steel line from your local auto parts store.
Kind of a pain, but very rewarding and works very well.

Paul

rhino2104

I just did mine. Even had to replace the nylon bit thanks to excessive squirrel damage. I used standard 3/8" line like Paul suggested. I also replaced the nylon bit with a straight bit of 3/8" steel brake line. Seems to be working quite well.

Rymadd

I always run steel line on the frame rail as much as you can, especially with a mechanical fuel pump as I have been told when you run rubber the whole length to the tank it contracts at each pump stroke and makes your pump not as efficient. Steel lines last longer, And also heard it is harder to boil gas in steel lines not sure why. That's just my take on it!