• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

shock application help

dixie134

I have a 76 with some sort of lift on it.When i bought the truck it was missing the rear shock mount on the frame.I bought a replacement and went to the parts store today to just get a basic shock. They could not sell me anything other than the stock shock.My truck is a beater and doesn't need to flex anything special.I measured the ride height for the shock between the top eye and botttom eye at about 19 1/2 inches.The stock shock they had was about 20 fully extended.Does any one know an application that would work or a shock cross reference i could use.I just need 1 shock for a beater truck that i can walk in the door and buy and put on my truck.any help appreciated

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
shocks

get the guy at the counter to give you the catolog for the shocks he selling
go to the back of the book ...there is usually a section that has shocks closed length and extended length choose the one you want ...if he doesnt have that ..go to the next parts house ...it'll also tells the kinds of ends it has on each
shock...

OP
OP
D

dixie134

went to auto zone and advance same at both will try napa if no help found here thanks