• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Show me your dash.

hawkgt

Loc.
Leesburg, VA
Today's project

It just so happens I finished mine up today. I wanted to keep it as stock looking as possible but I wanted to be able to use the glovebox with a roll cage. I just took out the ash tray, moved the speaker grill and glovebox over, and added in some metal on the right side. I also removed the fuel selector switch since I am only running one tank.

AUT_0255.JPG

Last edited:

Projp

These are 2 1/16 guages

Attachments

• bronco dash.jpg
    bronco dash.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 185
  • bronco dash 2.jpg
    bronco dash 2.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 106

blackjack

Loc.
San Diego
dash

I have not put very much time into my dash to make it look pretty.

Attachments

• dash.jpg
    dash.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 143

BuiltFordTough

Loc.
Louisville
how are you monuting the aftermarket radio? i have the hole cut but what is going to keep the radio in there. Do those little tabs on the mount do the job?

jate

Loc.
Salt Lake City
Here are a couple pics of my dash. It is out getting painted and the aluminum dash will be painted to match the exterior.

Attachments

• JT Bronco 005.jpg
    JT Bronco 005.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 91
  • JT Bronco 004.jpg
    JT Bronco 004.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 53
  • bronco 5.jpg
    bronco 5.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 85

rob wilson

Loc.
Flagstaff, AZ
Getting close to done on mine. Used 2 5/8" gauges from Autometer. Still need to mount the heater controls in the holes. Open space above that is where I'm mounting a GPS. Speedo is on the left side of the steering column. Used JBL Marine speakers on either end. Also installed the Autometer Tri-Alert. It turns on a buzzer if my Oil Pressure or Gas Level get to low or if the Water Temp gets to high.

Attachments

• Console and Dash almost done.jpg
    Console and Dash almost done.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 144

gruntman1

Loc.
Pasadena, TX
Hope you don't mind me chimming in on this thread but it fits a question I have.

I am replacing my vacuum wipers with electric wipers on my '67. I bought the entire system from Tom's Bronco Parts. Where is the stock location of the wiper switch on the dash. I am hoping someone can tell me where it is located on one of the pictures posted in this thread.

msweb

Bronco Guru
rob wilson said:
Getting close to done on mine. Used 2 5/8" gauges from Autometer. Still need to mount the heater controls in the holes. Open space above that is where I'm mounting a GPS. Speedo is on the left side of the steering column. Used JBL Marine speakers on either end. Also installed the Autometer Tri-Alert. It turns on a buzzer if my Oil Pressure or Gas Level get to low or if the Water Temp gets to high.

I really like your switch console! Is home made or did you get it from somewhere? What's in the front center of it - a remote for a radio?

Are your guages angled towards the driver and if so, what did you use to do so??

Thanks,

Mike

eds66bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Essex, Vermont
here is the dash cover plate i just finished. billet aluminum sheet to cover all the hack jobs done by po. i based it off the stock 77 dash and used the police package guages that came with the crown vic for the motor swap. also got matching rocker switches from waytek to match the one for the front locker.

Attachments

• dash2.JPG
    dash2.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 102
  • dash.jpg
    dash.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 74

PS

Loc.
Sebastopol, CA
Here's mine, before during and after. (Now the wiring under the dash has been addressed and I've installed my new Momo steering wheel...)

Attachments

• 45.JPG
    45.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 50
  • 47.JPG
    47.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 46.JPG
    46.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 36
  • 43.JPG
    43.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 76
  • 44.JPG
    44.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 56

rob wilson

Loc.
Flagstaff, AZ
Mike,

Home made. 1/2" square tubing covered with 18 gauge. Top panel is 1/8". hinged at the rear for access to the Ron Francis fuse box inside. Switches are all marine rockers that are waterproof. Whole thing is powder coated so should last.

Yep, it's a marine remote for a Kenwood head unit. Completely waterproof. Planned on mounting the head unit inside the glove box but it's looking like I may not have the depth I would need for that. Remote provides control over power, volume, channel, track etc.

Autometer makes the inserts to angle the gauges. Only angled the 4 furtherest from the driver (on the right). Works really well.

Flash69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Southwest Va
gruntman1 said:
Hope you don't mind me chimming in on this thread but it fits a question I have.

I am replacing my vacuum wipers with electric wipers on my '67. I bought the entire system from Tom's Bronco Parts. Where is the stock location of the wiper switch on the dash. I am hoping someone can tell me where it is located on one of the pictures posted in this thread.
My wiper switch is on a 69. I dont know if it is the same as a 67. It is the black knob beside the radio hole. HTH.

Attachments

• dash69.jpg
    dash69.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 73

bmcqueen

Loc.
Corinth, MS
I went with a simple layout...moved the speedo and added vintage air to the center...wiper and light knobs on the left side of the wheel.

Attachments

• web2.jpg
    web2.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 58
  • web.jpg
    web.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 89