• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Show me your Dash

rob wilson

Loc.
Flagstaff, AZ
BSaunder,

I'm using the same thing. I'd like to get three large red indicators to mount front and center that have either Icons or words for:

OIL

TEMP

FUEL

Any ideas where I might find them?

Thanks

bsaunder

Bronco Guru
I may have some in stock (I carry K-four indicators) - however, if I don't have them, I 'm not sure where to point you as I'm going on 9 months trying to get a re-stocking order in from K-four now.... I'll check tonight to see if I have them.

for another source - some of the aircraft shops may carry what your looking for.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I don't have a single picture with the whole dash, but this is the factory duel gas gauge speedo head

Attachments

• p2270036.jpg
    p2270036.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 391

Broncobowsher

Total hack
This is the center of the dash. Switches were rearranged to fit in a pair of good gauges

Attachments

• p2270034.jpg
    p2270034.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 399

Broncobowsher

Total hack
This is the glovebox. Moved left 4" to make room for the cage. Didn't need to go that far, but I didn't have a cage to measure. Ashtray deleted. Custom glovebos that holds some of the computers needed to met this beast down the road.

About the only things left in the OE places are the heater controls and the speedo head.

Attachments

• p2270035.jpg
    p2270035.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 455
OP
OP
msweb

msweb

Bronco Guru
Broncobowsher - I've never seen a dual tank speedo - cool!:cool:

to the left in the first picture are two knobs. My dash has a switch to swith between the tanks (although I only have one?:?) and a hole that's missing something. What's your knob that says "throttle"? Is it a manual choke??

4x4x289

msweb said:
I've never seen a dual tank speedo - cool!:cool:

I've got duel fuel guages too, but mine is not factory. I removed my temp guage and replaced it with a second fuel guage. I used the same hot lead to power the guage and ran a new second wire to the second tank.

Attachments

• dash12.jpg
    dash12.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 387

Broncobowsher

Total hack
msweb said:
Broncobowsher - I've never seen a dual tank speedo - cool!:cool:

to the left in the first picture are two knobs. My dash has a switch to swith between the tanks (although I only have one?:?) and a hole that's missing something. What's your knob that says "throttle"? Is it a manual choke??

The one marked throttle is the hand throttle. It is right next to the hand choke. Neither one work. Fuel injection doesn’t use choke and the hand throttle knob pulled off the first time I tried to use it, then I put the cage in front of it, then I just took the bracket off the linkage and installed real cruise control.

The second gauge is the old water gauge. I just changed the face out with a fuel gauge that had burnt out windings.

OP
OP
msweb

msweb

Bronco Guru
:eek:WHOA! Hold your Broncos! Hand throttle as in cruise crontrol???:eek:

I drive with hand controls (legs paralyzed) and a hand throttle/cruise control would be AWESOME! Was this a common thing or a hard to find option??? I've gotta get me one! :eek: :eek: :eek:

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I don't think it was standard, but it was at least available as an option. Probably for holding the engine at speed for a PTO winch. Which was also an option. Don't know if all the accelerator pedals were the same or if the pedal mechanism was different too.
They only make mediocre cruise controls. At least mine anyway. It'll hold the throttle for a moment, then slowly start releasing. Might just be a tension thing, but I've never messed with it. My truck came with it already, and I got the matching manual choke knob and cable from the Ford dealer.

Paul

Last edited:

DownhillManiac99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Orange County CA
I have the pedal mechanism throttle too. Never thought of it as cruise control. I just thought it was for hard angles or a power sucking accessory like a winch.

IowaMike

Bronco Guru
Hand throttle came as an option on my '68. As for using it as a cruise control, in a panic stop situation you would have to remember to push it back in while you slam on the brakes. Also on mine, to set an engine speed with it, I have to push the pedal until I reach the desired RPM/speed and then pull the cable. Doesn't seem to want to run up the throttle just by pulling the cable.

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
seems like you might be able to run a throttle cable, or the like, from the brake pedal to the throttle linkage, so it would disengage your 'cruise control' . Just make sure to leave enough slack so the brake ins't jerking the throttle when the cruise is not engaged.

LS

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Great idea!

4x4x289 said:
I've got duel fuel guages too, but mine is not factory. I removed my temp guage and replaced it with a second fuel guage. I used the same hot lead to power the guage and ran a new second wire to the second tank.

DownhillManiac99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Orange County CA
IowaMike said:
Hand throttle came as an option on my '68. As for using it as a cruise control, in a panic stop situation you would have to remember to push it back in while you slam on the brakes. Also on mine, to set an engine speed with it, I have to push the pedal until I reach the desired RPM/speed and then pull the cable. Doesn't seem to want to run up the throttle just by pulling the cable.

Its the same way on my 75. Push the pedal to whatever RPM and then pull the cable. I never have used it as a cruise control for that stopping reason. ;D

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Here's mine.

60223872.jpg

;D Seriously, keep the pictures coming. As you can see, I'm getting ready and getting ideas too!

Thought I might be able to incorporate this too. Got it for a buck at a Military show a while back. Small gauge holes are 2 5/8 if I remember right. Only problem is it hangs down maybe 3/4s of an inch, flat against the dash.
60223864.jpg

OP
OP
msweb

msweb

Bronco Guru
Almost looks like holes cut in an old license plate. Good idea for a template or bezel!

I didn't think of incorporating a instrument panel from another vehicle. Wow - the ideas just keep coming!

67EB_in_619

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Diego
msweb,
think twice before using DP for your dash overlay.. it will be a LOT of extra work to carefully file the tread down so your gauges will sit flush.. just in case you hadnt thought of that.

Toque.... BEAUTIFUL dash!!! What color is that?

toque

Loc.
Surrey, BC
The color is a Nissan "Daytona Blue" from the new 350Z, believe paint code B17. Has a fair bit of metallic that really comes out in the sun.