• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Show me your fiberglass hood

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
I can't decide which one to get. Recommendations and pictures would be appreciated.

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
This is BC Bronco's hood. Fit is excellent. Straightness is a whole nother story. The company who makes the hood is really messing up its quality when they add the under hood braces down the sides. Ken75 ranger has the same hood but without the braces and it took me some sanding to get mine to look as good as his. HE is NOT a bodyman so you take it from there ;D Overall quality was good, lots of gel coat, nice and square ( fits bewtween the fenders well ).

Attachments

• new hood from left.jpg
    new hood from left.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 57
  • bronco at work lot.jpg
    bronco at work lot.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 62
OP
OP
72_EB

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Thanks for the thread.
Don't know. I kinda like that new GT from Wildhorses. Highlander is cool too.
Keep flip flopping on the Pro Flow. Looks fresh, but maybe too Nascar on a Bronco.

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
72_EB said:
Thanks for the thread.
Don't know. I kinda like that new GT from Wildhorses. Highlander is cool too.
Keep flip flopping on the Pro Flow. Looks fresh, but maybe too Nascar on a Bronco.

Be careful. If you keep flip flopping you are gonna have to run for president ;)

BoltBuster

Bronco Guru
How many can still fold the winshield down, with a fiberhood?

Heard this wasnt possible?!?!?

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
BoltBuster said:
How many can still fold the winshield down, with a fiberhood?

Heard this wasnt possible?!?!?

I can NOT fold my hood down. But I don't really have a need to. The hood will stand straight up though against the windshield.

76Broncofromhell

Bronco Totalitarian
Loc.
Reno, NV
Here's mine, it's a Pro-Flow from Wild Horses. I had to reenforce it because you can't cruise on Southern California freeways below 80. Anyway it would bubble up so I glassed in some aluminum tubing. It's all good now. Here's a picture of the hood.

6286IM001611-med.JPG

U

Unregistered

cutting the back of proflow hood will eliminate lifting & aid on getting all that heat out of the engine compartment, I seen lots of different hoods & think the proflow hoods is definately at the tops, the construction is second to none & when open to allow airflow water just get's on the fire wall lip & not all over the engine

ken75ranger

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Troy, NY
I have the same hood as 2Bad but an older model.. The quality and thickness of the 'glass is very good for a chopper gun. Qualty of the gelcoat is average. If your looking for a mirror surface plan on a few hours work. It's very strong. I have sat on it and I'm about 260lbs. :eek:

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
ken75ranger said:
I have the same hood as 2Bad but an older model.. The quality and thickness of the 'glass is very good for a chopper gun. Qualty of the gelcoat is average. If your looking for a mirror surface plan on a few hours work. It's very strong. I have sat on it and I'm about 260lbs. :eek:

hey Ken, you couldn't sit on mine, you would SLIDE OFF ;D. Yep, I spent a few hours sanding ;D

OP
OP
72_EB

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Thanks guys. So the Highlander is the same as BC BRONCOS "Deluxe Fiberglass Hood" on their website and the same one you both have?

It looks like it has the rear vents, yes? It's in the lead so far.

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Yes it has the vents but they are not cut out. There is plenty of material to cut them and it would look just like a factory hood. Like I said before , the hood is very good quality but just a little messed up because of the braces they put underneath. I'm a little crazy at times. For 70% of the people out there the hood would be fine as is. A little sanding and a coat of primer and it would be good. I just wanted great. For a trail truck, just paint it. :)