• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Silver Lake pics and video posted 07/29/14

mudford

Loc.
Midland, MI
I really wanted to make it to the dunes this weekend. My daughter is there and sending me pictures of what I'm missing. I don't know who's Bronco this is, but I'm jealous.

That looks like lonesomecur's bronco. It is a nice rig. It was great meeting everyone. Wish I wouldn't have broken so soon. I broke a rear axle shaft. We were able to drive out of the dunes, back to the campground and up on the trailer in front wheel drive. On the bright side: I shouldn't have too difficult of a time convincing the wife that we need some chromoly axle shafts now.

brewchief

udyzybu3.jpg
y8aguqu3.jpg

Hopefully someone else got a few better pics, lots of glare on my phone so not sure how these will look.

It was great to put some faces to names although I will probably mix up names and screen names

Blue Bastard

Bronco Guru
Looks like you boys had a great time. Tom the booger looks good on the top of the hill!

broncobud

Loc.
Eaton Rapids
Hank thanks for the voucher, It was nice meeting some of the guys. Sorry that I couldn't stick around, but some friends showed up at our cottage that I didn't know where coming.
Plus those who I talked to, knew that I had to do one last trip in the dunes with my Dad.

Sweet broncos, and I would be up to do this again!

lonesomecur

Contributor
I had a great time! It was nice meeting all the guys and their families. I hope I didn't scare anyone with my racing around the water hole. It was a blast and I can't do that sorta stuff when I've got my kids along so I took advantage. Thanks to Hank for putting this thing together, getting the vouchers, grabbing a picnic table early, sharing the hotdogs, and being a great guide.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 62

Bajabrewer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looks like a great time was had by everyone. This conflicted with my week up north so I will have to check the calendar a little closer next year so I can make it.

TheBroncoRanch

Bronco Guru
What a great time, great weather and great people. We had a blast!!!!! I believe Hank has some good video footage. I'm sure he will post it up if he does.

OP
OP
Hank_

Hank_

Bronco Guru
I do have quite a bit of video footage. It will take me some time to get it edited and posted. I have to get caught up at work and we have to volunteer at the Lenawee County Fair all week after work (boo). I had an awesome time. The best thing is the day I got up there and I see Tom wearing the same shirt that I was wearing. We both had a laugh at it but even better was then next day when I saw Tom at the dunes again he was wearing another shirt that matched mine. It was great watching Steve blasting around the water hole and the dunes in his bronco. He is a great guy to hang out with and it was nice to see him finally being able to play with the bronco he had worked 7 years building. Also Andy for driving all the way over for the day and John for getting there early and helping get stuff to the lake. Bummer Chris had and axle break but glad he made it out of the dunes safe. Hopefully we can all get together next year. Thanks for everyone coming up and being such good sports. Thanks also for Tom playing some putt putt golf. I think his kids had a good time just like kids should. I will try to get the videos up ASAP.

Hank

OP
OP
Hank_

Hank_

Bronco Guru
Hank, you wouldn't happen to be a MSP are you? I'm at the fair also, kids showing pigs!

No, my wife works for the Community Action Agency. We have to man the Sheriffs booth by the south entrance. We hand out pamphlets about keeping parents from hosting drinking parties and resources for keeping kids off drugs. I will be there tonight after work (about 5:30) and will go check out the Sanctus Real concert tonight. It's going to be a hot one. If you are around stop by and say hi.

Hank

OP
OP
Hank_

Hank_

Bronco Guru
Well I finally got a video done. The video is mostly Tom and I on the dunes. Here are the rest of the pics I have too.

[youtube]5VXjireD0SU[/youtube]
Just a quick edit of the video. Sorry it's so long.

IMG_20140719_122511525_zpsdyk8wvsu.jpg

IMG_20140719_122430042_zpsu08yiyve.jpg

IMG_20140719_122405480_zpsplcg9go3.jpg

IMG_2962_zps17ac9a91.jpg

IMG_2961_zpsf8f69d6a.jpg

IMG_2960_zpsa73ef72c.jpg

IMG_2959_zps8a0d54f4.jpg

IMG_2958_zps4aebc804.jpg

IMG_2957_zpsb861f323.jpg

IMG_2956_zps6e858a42.jpg

IMG_2954_zpsc0281954.jpg

IMG_2953_zps2e965925.jpg

IMG_2948_zps5cbaeaa8.jpg

IMG_2946_zps87186b28.jpg

IMG_2945_zps7bce235f.jpg

IMG_2943_zpsd624503f.jpg~original

IMG_2940_zps97353e2b.jpg~original

[youtube]iMaAeTnv87I[/youtube]
Not my video clip but some broncos anyway. Is that you Andy racing in the flats on this video?

I will try to shoot some better video if we can all get together next year. Thanks again for everyone showing up.

Hank

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hank_

Hank_

Bronco Guru
Awesome pics, hope to join you next year! Where did you guys find a groomed beach?

The guys from the DNR were down there with a cool machine they pulled behind a tractor that cleaned debris from the beach and groomed the beach. It was nice not to have bird crap and dead fish everywhere.

Hank

swyman

Loc.
Blissfield
4th of July the beach was horrible and we were trying to figure out how to let the DNR let us donate our time and groom the beach in the morning because it was the worst I have ever seen it. We pulled a picnic table around to work it up so you could lay on the beach. Glad they started doing that, we going up next week!

brewchief

Wasn't me racing in the flats, my drag racing days went away with my old C-4, the np-435 isn't drag friendly, the C-6 on my garage floor will be however;D

I think everything on my bronco is leaking right now except for anti freeze, trans-yep, transfer case-yep, pinion seal-yep with a bunch of slop at the yoke as well, motor-yep, front shocks-yep, puddles on the trailer from them.

I hadn't been to the dunes in a couple years and this trip was what I needed to get motivated to get my bronco out and get it ready, I foresee this winter being fairly busy as far as work on my bronco goes.

OP
OP
Hank_

Hank_

Bronco Guru
Nice job on the video clips John. Glad to see the camera worked out okay. You need to get one of your broncos up to West Branch with us in February.

Hank

5001craig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I am not on this forum all the time and just now saw this thread.

I was at Silver Lake when all you guys were there--we stayed 10 days on vacation. My in-laws group has been going to SLSD for 30 years this year.

I am a huge EB fan (don't have one yet...). My father-in-law has a '75 (Kentrol body) and we were there when you all showed-up. He and I were in heaven as we are always watching for EB's.

Here's some pics of his:

20140712_105310.jpg

20140713_211616.jpg

And here's a pic of what I had on the sand (until I get an EB):

20140712_204610.jpg

It was a pleasure to meet some of you guys when you first got on the sand. I remember one guy from Chicago that was so excited to be on the sand for the first time.