• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

So Why your handle? & Explain your avatar

Gupster88

Contributor
Guppy
Loc.
Tillamook OR
Got the nickname Guppy in about 3rd grade. For some reason it stuck forever. In high school people starting changing it to Gupster. Wore 88 for football and graduated in 88. Now you all know how old I am. ..... Avatar is my 70 daily driver..

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
well, the name goes back to the wild west days on the Internet for us in rural country...being a huge Buffalo Bills fan my favorite player was Steve Tasker, he was just a guided missile on special teams and I liked that....as for the avatar.....I am rather large in stature (i.e. full figured) and the the folklore of me being a Sasquatch continued with help from my good Bronco "friends"...as with Deano and myself taken at Super Cel...:cool:

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 63

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
well, the name goes back to the wild west days on the Internet for us in rural country...being a huge Buffalo Bills fan my favorite player was Steve Tasker, he was just a guided missile on special teams and I liked that....as for the avatar.....I am rather large in stature (i.e. full figured) and the the folklore of me being a Sasquatch continued with help from my good Bronco "friends"...as with Deano and myself taken at Super Cel...:cool:

I thought "Plus Sized" is the new PC term. "Large" is so judgmental.

;D

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
THANK YOU!! no feelings were hurt in the previous post! ;D;D

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
6'5"....Deano was squatting down but made for a great pic! ;D;D

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
When I signed up, I tried to use Old Iron, my screen name on Ih8mud but it was already taken. I was riding a Harley Fatboy at the time so I used that. Many people who meet me are surprised I am not fat, though I certainly could stand to lose a few pounds... ;D

The avatar changes and I usually have a picture of Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes fame just because I like the kids personality. My current one though is a picture of me grilling at a Bronco event I forget where. I was on travel for work and I happened to be in the same area as the event (well close enough) so I went and met Tasker and a few other New England Boys for the weekend.

Master Chief

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My original screen name was Senior Chief, then in 2010 as I was planning retirement, the Navy advanced me and Jon (Admin) kindly changed it to Master Chief. Retired six years ago with 30 years of active duty service behind me but I do miss flying, which is why my avatar occasionally changes from one awesome P-3 Orion photo to another.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
My original screen name was Senior Chief, then in 2010 as I was planning retirement, the Navy advanced me and Jon (Admin) kindly changed it to Master Chief. Retired six years ago with 30 years of active duty service behind me but I do miss flying, which is why my avatar occasionally changes from one awesome P-3 Orion photo to another.

Hey Master Chief, my job in the Navy was land based support of P3s and S2s (at the time). West Coast.

MI-Bronco

I first used that handle here - I probably saw 4X4Alaska and thought MI(my)_bronco was fast and original - there weren't many folks here in '02. The avatar was something I picked up from an old ad - that seemed old school - like me...

Slednut10

Contributor
Guru? That's funny!
Slednut10 was based off of the number of snowmobiles I had at one time. It is also my EBAY screen name and I was too lazy to come up with a unique one for here. Avatar was the first pic of my EB once I got it into the garage. Always thought it was a crappy pic and took lots more to replace it, but.........%)

66ALRIDE

Contributor
Just BIP It!
Loc.
Dothan, AL

I’ve got a pic with Sasquatch at Super Cel several years ago. And it was in front of Crazy Horse!

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA

Thank you for your Service...

I grew up in Los Altos and P3's flew overhead like clockwork in and out of Moffett field all day long. Went to many an Open house there as my Dad worked on Satellites for Ford Aerospace... Back in the day.

Master Chief

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Master Chief, my job in the Navy was land based support of P3s and S2s (at the time). West Coast.

Nice! My Dad was an S2 Mech (ADR) in the early 60's out on the west coast. His squadron deployed to the carriers Hornet and Kearsarge while he was there. USS Hornet is now a museum docked in Alameda. Around 1963 he transferred to an east coast patrol squadron in transition from the P-2 to the P-3's. As a reciprocating mechanic he was there to maintain the P-2's but I have a photo of him standing at quarters on the flight line with one of the first production P-3's in the background.

Thank you for your Service...

I grew up in Los Altos and P3's flew overhead like clockwork in and out of Moffett field all day long. Went to many an Open house there as my Dad worked on Satellites for Ford Aerospace... Back in the day.

Thank you. I stayed one night at Moffett Field. It the first stop on our way around the world, but I will never forget those blimp hangars.

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Mine is pretty straight forward.....I’ve been an avid Bowhunter most of my life. This is the one and only site where t was available, so I snatched it.

My avatar is my Bronco, pre BB bumpers, in my shop back home in OK. Boy do I miss my shop. If only I still had my shop. It was a really nice shop.....catching my drift here? Now I’m stuck in a 3 car garage with a fraction of my tools. But, I do love the weather and the golf here in FL.