• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOB 11 it's almost time

jeffjess72

Loc.
True Northern CA
nope i dont mind one bit.
My plane is scheduled to land at around 1:15pm so that would be the only thing to plan around.

1:15 pm Saturday? We will probably leave early Saturday morning. It is around an 8 to 9 hr drive for us. Probably wont sleep and leave around 4 in the morning.... Just a thought;D

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
hell saddleup ,, if they are coming in of friday ,, they are gonna be late ,for the fun !!,, sorry ,, i will be long there by then ,,,

No choice. We were going to try to get him in early so he could help out with the trail runs again. Last year he ran shotgun with Dan George (Yellow one at the last run) so he could help out with finding the trails. No go though. It may all end up mute by then if he gets called off to fight forest fires which isn't unusual by then. If I don't find them a ride out then I'll have them hop on Max and get as far as Hillsboro to save the drive through PDX. Probably cut it back to 2 hours round trip.

OP
OP
J

jrbronco

well my two year old lost the key to my bronco on friday,and i still can not find it.i do have a centech wire harness in my garage so i might have to use the ignition out of that.this sucks

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
slip one of the door locks out and take it in and get a key made for it, much cheaper than having them come out.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I'm told that a lot of the ignitions in the old EBs will work with other keys if you can find one that is close. If not it only takes a few minutes to hotwire it.

mr incredible

Bronco Guru
what sucks id that you cant hardly get the ignition out , with out the key ,, if you could manage to get it to the lock smith , the one here in oc only charges 15 bucks to cut a key ,, winch er up on the trailer ,, and head for the lock shop ,,

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
what sucks id that you cant hardly get the ignition out , with out the key ,, if you could manage to get it to the lock smith , the one here in oc only charges 15 bucks to cut a key ,, winch er up on the trailer ,, and head for the lock shop ,,

Or hotwire it to drive it there.;D If he pulls the ignition switch plug he can even do it under the dash so everything else will work and it doesn't burn up the points. (Which will happen if it's hotwired directly to the coil if it has points)

Airborne69

Loc.
Moorpark, CA

with mine i used a pull hammer to get the old cylinder out then straightened out the little piece of metal which i bent. Slapped a new cylinder in and it is good to go.
Good Luck-
JJ

OP
OP
J

jrbronco

i thought i had a ignition switch in my centech wire harness that in a box in my garage but it does't come with one.i live in yacolt wa theres not a lock smith for miles.i keep asking my two year old were did you put dadys key.she keeps on saying OVER THERE OVER THERE.Ya right its no were to be found. does any one now how to make it start off a button

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
i thought i had a ignition switch in my centech wire harness that in a box in my garage but it does't come with one.i live in yacolt wa theres not a lock smith for miles.i keep asking my two year old were did you put dadys key.she keeps on saying OVER THERE OVER THERE.Ya right its no were to be found. does any one now how to make it start off a button

Yes, you will want both a switch and button. One to turn the ignition on and then the button to start it. Both can be wired into the wiring right at the ignition switch plug. You will probably want to search around here for the wiring diagram to make it easy. Essentially you need to find the 12V hot wire and then use a switch to the ignition wire (Should be a spongy pink resistor wire) and the accessories, etc. Then put a button between the same 12V wire and the start wire.

If you just need to get it started and make it move run a wire from the battery to the negative side of the coil (if I recall right) and then jump the starter at the starter relay. Don't run it that way for long though as it will burn up the points with a full 12v to them all of the time.

OP
OP
J

jrbronco

YES YES YES'''' i just found the key to my bronco.I have a art carr shifter and the key was wedged inside and the very bottom of it .now i can put it on the trailer

zombie66

Loc.
Beaverton, oregon
you'll have to find a good hiding spot for your keys. your kids will probably always find a better spot than you can though. ha! ha! glad you found them, now get back to working on the broncos damnit! jer, did you get started on rewiring the trailer after i talked to you? that should take very long. did you just pick up another harness and plug made for your truck?
this time next monday i'll be cruising the dunes !!!!!!!!! can i get a hell yah?!!

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Well Big Pink is alive and very very very well!!!! Thanks to David (oldwinghunter) for lending his engine expertise today! Man that thing is going to be a monster, you can just feel the balls under that pink skirt!!!! She's a Bitch for sure! Brakes tomorrow and then figure out my wiring issues to get it all legal for the trip.

swa0330

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland,OR
Yes, I second the fact that pink and that motor no longer makes you gay. The motor is quite alive and well. See you tomorrow man. ;D

Awnrie69

Loc.
Salem, Or
I am very excited, wishing it will hurry up and be Wed so we can leave and sad at the same time. We just bought a new friend (73) for Awnrie and she has a ways to go before she is able to hit sand or even pavement for that matter. The good news is, I have sucessfully infected my chevy-loving boyfriend with the bronco bug and now he is a ford owner:) The goal is to have the new girl up and going by this time next year.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I am very excited, wishing it will hurry up and be Wed so we can leave and sad at the same time. We just bought a new friend (73) for Awnrie and she has a ways to go before she is able to hit sand or even pavement for that matter. The good news is, I have sucessfully infected my chevy-loving boyfriend with the bronco bug and now he is a ford owner:) The goal is to have the new girl up and going by this time next year.

I recall we had him swaying towards the Fords the last couple of years, glad he finally has seen the light.;D