• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOB 11 it's almost time

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
sounds good to me, I'll have my ears on. If I'm on call I go by "swamp buggy" as Starky so named the beast and the wife will be "Pink Taco." ;D
Is it bad that I just ordered my front driveshaft??? ;D

zombie66

Loc.
Beaverton, oregon
if you ordered it from toms no its not bad, if you ordered it from jeffs bronco graveyard then there is always next s.o.b. for the big pink taco. ha! ha!

where did you buy it?

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
if you ordered it from toms no its not bad, if you ordered it from jeffs bronco graveyard then there is always next s.o.b. for the big pink taco. ha! ha!

where did you buy it?

Tom Woods, it'll be here Tuesday! They are fast at getting them out. I got some shims to throw on the rear too, wonder if I can install them in place? Sounds like it will be time for some air tools!

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Hey Kevin, I will have a cb in the beast by then, let me know what the cool Bronco channel is ;D :cool:

The cool channel is channel 5. Or at least that is the channel I will be running anyway. (A precedent I set about 4 years ago so I could be reached without channel surfing)

mr incredible

Bronco Guru
rick ,, now ,, just because you are running channel 5 ,, doesnt mean it is cool ,, hip , mabie , but not cool ,,,,, :] ;o

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
rick ,, now ,, just because you are running channel 5 ,, doesnt mean it is cool ,, hip , mabie , but not cool ,,,,, :] ;o

You are correct. At any rate it is what I'll be running. I stated that I set the precedent however that isn't quite correct. The first year I led trail runs I ran channel 5 (Which is also what I normally run any other time). After the run someone got stuck down in the trees during the Poker Run (Don't worry, I will not mention any names Awnrie;D ) and knew I would be on channel 5. It became known at that point that I could be located that way and the following year a similar occurance occured. (Someone was stuck down the side of a hill during the Poker Run although it was not an EB, I had already bailed out of the run when another EB blew a tire clear back at the rear of Sand Lake and I loaned my spare to him so his family wouldn't be left back there) Anyway I just stay on that channel now so that I can be located in the event that anyone I know needs any assistance.

That's just a couple of times. We also drug a Subaru out of the first bowl that some idiot took down there a few years back and blew the engine in and we've winched a few trucks out that managed to get buried in the sand near the parking lot. (It can get pretty soft right off the pavement for a few hundred yards)

Awnrie69

Loc.
Salem, Or
and I thought I was suppose to be the Awnrie one. That is the first time Charles was actually behind the wheel out on the sand not heading to the parking lot. Next year we should have both out there runnin around.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
and I thought I was suppose to be the Awnrie one. That is the first time Charles was actually behind the wheel out on the sand not heading to the parking lot. Next year we should have both out there runnin around.

That's what happens when you let a Chevy guy behind the wheel isn't it.;D Now that he's converted his driving should improve.;)

g-money

Loc.
Vancouver, WA
We are heading down on Thursday (leaving about noon from PDX) and staying in Pacific City.

Bringing the whole family so this should be an adventure. We decided not to camp at sand lake this year, we figured we are already sleep deprived with the one year old and we didn't need midnight quad riders contributing to the lack of sleep.

Galen

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
ok rick ,, then we will know where you are when we need help ,,

Sound good, except that should be "if" rather than "when".;D Like myself everyone here is completely prepared so I don't think anyone from here will actually need any help. (Actually I may be the one hollering for help;D )

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Well, Big Pink has a case of an engine problem, had David come by today to take a listen, I knew there was a little chatter on the top end but there was some other noises that werent so easy to diagnose. Big D said it could be anything from a bearing to a pin to just a sticky llifter, please dear Lord be a sticky lifter. It is a new engine and has only had break in time on the cam. They said to give them a call on Monday to see if they can get it in to take a look at. Hopefully it can get taken care of easily and get it back on the road for Wednesday's trip. I'm a bit bummed but hopefully it will come together, I know it has been fighting me with every turn...2 bad fuel pumps, frozen rear wheel cylinders (PO rounded the hell out of them and they werent going anywhere (was going to replace the brakes but didnt plan for it to be now), bad distribution block, front was clogged and not working, put on an adjustable. So hopefully this will come thru fine like the rest of the stuff. It sucks cause the motor sounded REAL good the other night...hmm.

Airborne69

Loc.
Moorpark, CA
i hope everything turn out good for you pdx. I am really looking forward to seeing that pink beast at SOB.
I am so excited.
I get on the plane 11:00 am tomorrow and arrive around 1:00 to hang out with my uncle.
Woooohooo i cant wait!!!
JJ-

zombie66

Loc.
Beaverton, oregon
hey gjrock how far of a drive do you have? from portland? i saw it looked like your a recent addition to classic broncos. welcome! look forward to meeting any of you newer guys and seeing some old familiar faces. its hard to believe i'll be there day after tomorrow. hope everyone has safe trips there. see you on the beach!!!

gjrock

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Anacortes,WA
Driving from Anacortes WA,I am a service manager at Whidbey Island Ford in Oak Harbor,WA.We are driving a 08 6.4 powerstroke towing a 70,71 and a 72.I Have been to 3 SOB but have missed the last 2.I am ready.

zombie66

Loc.
Beaverton, oregon
DAMN!!! talk about riding in style you wont even know that trailer is back there with that powerstroke. sweet deal! that also means 3 more broncos that were'nt there last year. i cant wait to see the turnout numbers. see you there!

OP
OP
J

jrbronco

i bet i will be about 310 broncos this year.I have a good ? for you guys.How much money are you putting into the raffle this year.I think i do $150.00