• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stock 3 Speed Worth Anything

Rickb1b

Title pretty much says it. Should I just pitch this or try to sell. It needs a rebuild.

ransil

Bronco Guru
sometimes you can give them away, I have not had success with that myself.

Miker

Bronco Guru
Or you could try a marine shop, make good boat anchors,,,,,,,,

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I've had one in the garage for the last six years. Had a couple of interested guys contact me through craigslist, but none of them ever showed up to buy it. Flakes on craigslist, what a shocker %)

Scrap it or hang onto it for a long time until a buyer comes along. Even then, you might get $100 for it.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I've had one in the garage for the last six years. Had a couple of interested guys contact me through craigslist, but none of them ever showed up to buy it. Flakes on craigslist, what a shocker %)

Scrap it or hang onto it for a long time until a buyer comes along. Even then, you might get $100 for it.

You might get $100 for a good one. Wore out, not so. No wonder you still have it, you have it way overpriced.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
You might get $100 for a good one. Wore out, not so. No wonder you still have it, you have it way overpriced.

You misinterpreted my post. I've had people e-mail me through my craigslist posts about having a transmission. I don't even have it listed. People just ask because I have a bunch of other parts listed.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I sold mine a couple of years ago for $75 bucks to a guy that drove the 2.5 hours from Sacramento.
It was in great shape and had about 60k miles or so on a rebuild, if I remember. 175k total miles.

Didn't take long to sell on Craigslist, but just like anything else, it's probably all in the timing.

Paul

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've got three of these sitting around. Maybe I will craiglist them at $75 a piece or $200 to take all three of them off my hands. I suppose I should check into the scrap price first. I might get more. Anyone know the weight of these so I don't have to lift one while standing on a scale?

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Hey wait, there really good to hold down your easy-up when the wind's a blowin.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I've got three of these sitting around. Maybe I will craiglist them at $75 a piece or $200 to take all three of them off my hands. I suppose I should check into the scrap price first. I might get more. Anyone know the weight of these so I don't have to lift one while standing on a scale?

80-100 pounds without the adapter

Casey835

This should get a rise. Thank god I had a scrap one laying around when I rebuilt mine. I needed some extra parts. It runs down the road nicely. Maybe one day Ill upgrade to something else and have the delima of what to do with it, but no plans anytime soon. I guess the 3 speed isnt for evrybody or power steering for that matter.