• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stonecrusher or Bulletproof steering?

bills_69eb

I'm thinking of installing one or the other of these 2 steering systems. Which one is better? Any suggestions or comments? Thanks. Bill

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have been very happy with the Stone Crusher setup. Anthony at Stone Crusher is a great guy. He does a lot of wheeling and knows his product well. He did the research and development on this system so he knows what it is capable of. I think it has a better price tag on it too. Give Anthony a call and he'll give you all the specs of his setup.

Good Luck,

Blue71

smitty

Loc.
GA
I have the stone crusher. Couldnt ask for anymore out of a product or service.It is great.

72bronco

Bronco Guru
I'm sure both a fine setups, though the StoneCrusher is less expensive. I've got the StoneCrusher and couldn't be happier with the product and the service.

asabadin

Loc.
L.A.CALI NO THIEVES
stone crusher vote here too. very good stuff. easy install. also comes with trail spare heims and the price is lower, this one was a a no brainer for me. also anthony will give you any kind of tech support you need.

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
BulletProof makes a point of using the best rod ends (Heims) available, and has different levels of toughness to offer, i.e. TrailProof & Rockproof. His (Randy)website is very informative so I get the opinion his stuff is top notch. I don't HOW MUCH better as I haven't compared the products directly.
Personaly I would use Chucks TRO before using Heims on a street, or partial street rig.

david heater

Loc.
Westminster,Co
I have had performence unlimiteds set up on mine now for four+ years. I drive it to the trail and back, along with back and forth to work here and there. Everything is as tight today as it was when i first put it on.

ManTruck

Bronco Guru
I am using SC and I am happy with the product and the results. I use both on and off road and feel comfortable with it.

I have had it on for about 5000 miles and take a look at the set up every once in a while. So far it has not shown anything bad in the visual inspection and it handles great.

4x4Alaska

Loc.
Wasilla, Alaska
Stonecrusher here too...I was looking at the Bullet Proof, but I'd rather support a Bronco guy than someone who caters to the masses...anthony is a great guy to deal with....

shifter

Loc.
Agua Dulce, CA
I am running the bulletproof setup and it is great, very tight and precise steering. Skuzzlebutt, I am also wondering why you would not want to use heim joints on the road?

6bronco6

Do i need anything with a stone crusher steering and 3.5" lift? drop pitman? ...etc?

72bronco

Bronco Guru
6bronco6 said:
Do i need anything with a stone crusher steering and 3.5" lift? drop pitman? ...etc?

The SC steering only requires you to drill out your steering knuckles and pitman arm. If you have a 3.5" lift you can still run a drop pitman arm so long as you install tie rod under just like stock. The SC setup also gives you the option of installing as tie rod over, and in that case you would probably be better off using a stock pitman arm. Just use whatever configuration keeps your tie rod and drag link as parallel as possible.

wilson

I've had PU on mine since '96 works very well on the street. PU also uses grade 9 bolts. SC was not around when I did mine. His prices are more attractive!