• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Super Celebration 2011

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Well It looks like Tom " Bronco Driver Mag." Has decided to get store bought BBQ for his event. So I will not be cooking the BBQ. It's all good, I was just trying to help by volunteering my time. I am not sure what I am going to do at this point. Perhaps I will just save up for Gore.

CB Myth, Part Deux. ;)

thumping

Loc.
Jacksboro Tn
Well It looks like Tom " Bronco Driver Mag." Has decided to get store bought BBQ for his event. So I will not be cooking the BBQ. It's all good, I was just trying to help by volunteering my time. I am not sure what I am going to do at this point. Perhaps I will just save up for Gore.

Dang, nothing like the smell of a smoker to bring the crowd. You are still coming right?

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast

WHAT ... NO BBQ ??!?!? DARN !!
Tom hired one of the BBQ pitmasters ( Myron Mixon ) or what ????

let me know if you are not going ... sending my can tabs via USPS would be def. cheaper !!!

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
???? Well, what's the story Bax? I was driving 12 hrs. one way to meet ya? ;D

4x4babygirl

Bronco Goddess
Loc.
Tanasi
I'll tell y'all some good places to eat.

Bayou Bay on Chapman Highway- my favorite place in town, Cajun food, can't go wrong with the po boy

Chandler's on Magnolia Ave- real deal soul food in the heart of the ghetto, can't go wrong with ANYTHING here, and it's cheap too

Chez Liberty on Kingston Pike near Homberg Place in Bearden- my favorite fine dining done by a raging libertarian chef, menu changes weekly so I don't have any recommendations

Sunspot on the Strip near campus- has a vegetarian reputation, but has a fantastic burger as well

Harby's off of Broadway right beside Fisher Tire- BEST PIZZA YOU WILL EVER EAT, seriously, best hands down I've ever eaten, they are closed on Sunday

There is no good Mexican or barbecue in this town, with the exception of Sweet P's which I haven't been to so I can't vouch for it. Sweet P's is off John Sevier Hwy on the way toward Rockford.

Fun bars- The Crown and Goose (gastropub) in the Old City, Barley's in the Old City, The Urban Bar in the Old City has the best patio in town but is kinda grungy after dark, Preservation Pub on Market Square, actually you can go anywhere on Market Square and have a good time, Irish Times at Turkey Creek. I ain't tell y'all about my secret watering holes, though!

74fiberglass

Is there just a entry fee. Not the whole package (lunch, T-shirt, raffle.) I am am not cheap but I am not payin 80.00 for 4 of us to get in.

abe_froman

Loc.
Knoxville, TN
You just nailed most of my favorites in our little town. I love Sweet P's dearly but Dixon's on Magnolia is the best BBQ in this town.

and I'm part of the grungy crowd at Urban Bar!

Other good Bars/Restaurants:

Downtown Grill & Brewery on Gay St. Great beer, good food.
Tomato Head on Market Square - Mostly Vegetarian stuff on the menu. Great Pizza.
Ye Olde Steakhouse on Chapman (near Bayou Bay, and me!) - expensive as hell but killer steak.

I'd love to have a Knoxville Cruise with some of y'all if you'd be interested. Maybe grab some food/brew and hang out downtown.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
???? Well, what's the story Bax? I was driving 12 hrs. one way to meet ya? ;D

Real story is with the relief of my responsibility to cook I am no longer committed to go to the event. With This event and Gore so close together and money and gas prices being the way they are I am choosing to go to Gore over Townsen. I had a really good time at gore last year and the people were great. Spending a grand to go to a bronco / car show or go wheeling at gore? I guess I would rather go wheeling. Meb puts on a great event and I know it will be a good time so if I can choose only one, Gore is it.
Go to Gore and I will drive 15 hours to see you there.
You guys, living in Florida has it's disadvantages. One is you have to drive at least 10 hours to get to any of these events. I am convinced living in Tenn or NC or someplace central US would make it a lot easier to get to all of these events.

msweb

Bronco Guru
YES!!! I'll be attending this year AND arriving in a Bronco, not my F150 - but it won't be my Bronco, I'm riding up with Stingus. We're super psyched about it and will roll into town sometime Saturday morning and make a day of it.

Other than delivering a bumper to Levonsa (and hopefully some other parts some of you may want - see classifieds), I have no agenda while there but to have a good time.

I haven't checked the schedule of events yet, but is there somewhere/sometime it would be good for us to meet up? I've been on this board for 8 years but have only met a handful of you. Let's change that!

On the subject of name tags - I'm easy to spot as I don't know of many... well, make that any other Bronco owners/wheelchair users on here so if ya see a balding, early 40ish guy wearing a Bronco T-shirt rolling around the field drooling over all the Broncos as he's stealing ideas of what to do to his Bronco next, chances are it's me!

I'll see ya there and hey Bax - I'm VERY disappointed that you won't be there. I was looking forward to that BBQ and having you serve it up was going to be the icing on the cake! Well, extra sauce on the side ;)

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Real story is with the relief of my responsibility to cook I am no longer committed to go to the event. With This event and Gore so close together and money and gas prices being the way they are I am choosing to go to Gore over Townsen.

How could you go to either, since you're a myth? ;D

NGABronco, could you get some pictures ready for us to sign.....again? :cool:

ucbronco

Loc.
Summerfield, FL
Anyone plan on wheeling in Windrock? I was planning on spending Fri. over there and heading to Townsend Fri. night. I've wheeled in Windrock a few years ago and I'm looking forward to spending at least a day there.

texashcane

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Argyle, TX
Anyone plan on wheeling in Windrock? I was planning on spending Fri. over there and heading to Townsend Fri. night. I've wheeled in Windrock a few years ago and I'm looking forward to spending at least a day there.

I beat up my crap too bad at the Bama Brawl to be ready for wheeling in two weeks. I'm just bringing the street ride and relaxing.

Ratch

Contributor
Is there just a entry fee. Not the whole package (lunch, T-shirt, raffle.) I am am not cheap but I am not payin 80.00 for 4 of us to get in.

I do believe it is free to spectate, registration fee is to show your vehicle/have a vendor booth. Meal tickets available at registration tent if you want to eat there. And of course T-shirts are for sale. Thats how it was last year when we went.

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
I'm sorry to hear you won't be there Bax, I do understand the wheeling vs. car show thing. Mine is sitting on 40" beadlocks and do level 5 trails....mine is going to be out of place with all the nice and shiny Bronco's, I would rather take it wheeling too. This trip for me is a way to go out with my good friend that has a bad back and still be in the Bronco he helped me build.

Unfortunately I can't make it to the MEB this year, maybe another though. I have 3 "Bronco" trips planned in 6 weeks. Townsend being the first, then to the LEBC in TX for a weekend of wheeling and finally the MBCB Spring Roundup that I'm hosting. All I can hope for is that my rig holds up!

Hopefully we'll get a chance to meet at OCBR? It's always a good time and it always on my calender as well.

David

4x4babygirl

Bronco Goddess
Loc.
Tanasi
You just nailed most of my favorites in our little town. I love Sweet P's dearly but Dixon's on Magnolia is the best BBQ in this town.

and I'm part of the grungy crowd at Urban Bar!

Other good Bars/Restaurants:

Downtown Grill & Brewery on Gay St. Great beer, good food.
Tomato Head on Market Square - Mostly Vegetarian stuff on the menu. Great Pizza.
Ye Olde Steakhouse on Chapman (near Bayou Bay, and me!) - expensive as hell but killer steak.

I'd love to have a Knoxville Cruise with some of y'all if you'd be interested. Maybe grab some food/brew and hang out downtown.

I hear Dixon's is good. It's on my "to check out" list. I won't deny being part of the Urban Bar after dark crowd. :-X I don't really like Downtown Brewery, but LOVE Tomato Head. Ye Olde Steakhouse is a Knoxville tradition.

Also worth mentioning is Calhoun's. They have decent ribs, really good hot wings and killer fried catfish. Go to the "on the river" location right behind Neyland Stadium on campus.

abe_froman

Loc.
Knoxville, TN
I'd bet on us being at the same places a few times. We seem to like the same food at the same places.

Downtown Grill has decent food, but I love their beer. Calhouns is a fun place but it's a shame that the River location doesn't have as generous of a happy hour as the Bearden location. You go there anytime after 5 and all beer and wings are 1/2 off. Thats the only location that has that deal though.

4x4babygirl

Bronco Goddess
Loc.
Tanasi
I'd bet on us being at the same places a few times. We seem to like the same food at the same places.

Downtown Grill has decent food, but I love their beer. Calhouns is a fun place but it's a shame that the River location doesn't have as generous of a happy hour as the Bearden location. You go there anytime after 5 and all beer and wings are 1/2 off. Thats the only location that has that deal though.

I'm picky about wings, and I don't particularly even like breaded wings, but there's are really good. We oughta meet up at the Bearden one sometime (after I fix my brakes, that is).

74fiberglass

I do believe it is free to spectate, registration fee is to show your vehicle/have a vendor booth. Meal tickets available at registration tent if you want to eat there. And of course T-shirts are for sale. Thats how it was last year when we went.

So there is No entry fee then? i would pay the 20 for myself (just for the shirt) But not my 7 yr old

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
Hasn't been a "spectate" fee in the past.
My wife is going and I'm paying for extra meal tickets to cover her but no other registration.