• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Super Celebration

shonivey

drove up and scoped it out last weekend. booked my room...c-yall thursday evening!!

FJB

I would really like to attend this event, but it's a long way from home. 950 miles each way! I don't trust the Bronco to drive it that far. I don't even think my trailer would make it. Maybe I should just leave this weekend and take my time.;D Sounds like a great event. Been trying to look at all my options to get there.

wareaglebronc

Loc.
Murfreesboro, Tn.
Livin in Knoxville has its advantages! I went to home of Orange Crush today. Saw it, touched it. It's orange boys. 'ever heard of UT orange? It belongs in Knoxville

Looks more of an AUBURN Orange to me man! ;D I think it will look pretty good in Middle Tennessee with the Auburn fans in my hood!!!! Ha ha!! I am super pumped about Super Celebration! Gonna be there with my '76 on her first real trip out of the Stable!!!!

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
OK - just finished signing up and getting my campground reservations. Now I'm not sure I can afford a raffle ticket for Orange Crush! ;D

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
I'm out, sons birthday, and gonna need every weekend to finish for the round up

77BRONKOTN

Not sure if you all knew this, but the Dragon has been closed for a few weeks now, rock slide.) The earliest re-open is March 26 so far. Who really knows, but you better check before you head that way.

EDIT: SEE POST #76 > Also, River Road from Gatlinburg to Townsend is also closed, rock slide. Most likely will remain closed for awhile. I dont know where they are at on clearing this one. It happened March 18th.

I-40 as you know has been closed awhile.

Cades Cove will be closed until May for repaving.

SlidesMap.jpg

Last edited:

Pearlcoat

Bronco Guru
Not sure if you all knew this, but the Dragon has been closed for a few weeks now, rock slide.) The earliest re-open is March 26 so far. Who really knows, but you better check before you head that way.

Also, River Road from Gatlinburg to Townsend is also closed, rock slide. Most likely will remain closed for awhile. I dont know where they are at on clearing this one. It happened March 18th.

I-40 as you know has been closed awhile.

Cades Cove will be closed until May for repaving.

Thanks for the info on these roads. Due to taking a side trip on the way to the super celebration, I have to figure out how to get from Pendleton SC to Townsend, TN using roads that are suitable for an RV towing a trailer. Any suggestions from local SC guys? The map programs offer numerous routes but I know there are lots of mountains and don't want to end up on a road with hairpin turns and 10mph speed limit signs. Thanks for any help you can give.

77BRONKOTN

Update on "Little River Road" from Gatlinburg to Townsend.

Local news reports it may be open today. That would be good news for those wanting to come over the mountain from Cherokee NC. Then proceed Little River Road to the celebration.

( Pearlcoat ) You can drag a trailer over the mountain from Cherokee then onto Little River Road with no problems. You are not going to set a speed record by any means. Getting to Cherokee is another story as I am not familiar with those roads. But it is a sweet mountain ride all the same.

berg bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
franklin NC
Its not the straightest between cher. and gatl. but not bad depending on the size of your rv. if I were you I would head west towards 441 and head north through clayton ga and through franklin nc 441n is four lane all the way to cherokee.

Pearlcoat

Bronco Guru
Its not the straightest between cher. and gatl. but not bad depending on the size of your rv. if I were you I would head west towards 441 and head north through clayton ga and through franklin nc 441n is four lane all the way to cherokee.
Thanks, I'll check this on the map. I'm driving a 23ft RV with a 15 ft trailer.

L&D's Broncos

Different roads?/

Thanks for the info on these roads. Due to taking a side trip on the way to the super celebration, I have to figure out how to get from Pendleton SC to Townsend, TN using roads that are suitable for an RV towing a trailer. Any suggestions from local SC guys? The map programs offer numerous routes but I know there are lots of mountains and don't want to end up on a road with hairpin turns and 10mph speed limit signs. Thanks for any help you can give.[/QUOTE]

Judy,
Send me info & date on your trip from SC and possibly we can meet and caravan, 441 through the park is the way we will run with camper & trailer as well. Or I'll help you with options.