• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Survived the Tornado! The rig wasn't so lucky!

JK

Loc.
Kent, WA
Well, I've finally got 5 minutes and internet access. I appreciate all the support in the other thread. Me and the fam are good. I was able to get home and grab the dogs before it hit. Couldn't find the cat, but was pleasantly surprised when we started flipping over drywall chunks after the storm and found her hanging out without a scratch on her. The house is leveled (See pictures), but everyone is safe, and the stuff that's gone will be replaced. I can't imagine doing what I've been doing for the past week, while at the same time trying to wrap my head around the loss of a child and planning a funeral. Pray for those people.

On a lighter note, I called and filed an insurance claim and asked if I could move it before there was any further water damage since it only had a bikini top on it. They said yes, so we started the camera and locked her in 4L. Nothing like a little urban rock crawling over the remains of your home to put a smile on your face. Video to come (Once the insurance check clears! Lol) Also, This thing should be in a commercial for Bestop Bikini tops. Not sure what wind speed they rate them to, but mine made it to 270+ MPH and only had a small tear to show for it. The body is destroyed, basically every panel, the doors that were off the vehicle and hanging on the wall were salvaged, but need work. Bumpers held up well (Rear doesn't have a scratch on it Damon Hopper). They called it a total loss, but I did buy it back from the insurance company, so now the second rebuild begins. Luckily the running gear appears intact, It's all aesthetic. See if you can spot the body damage. :eek:

Attachments

• IMG_0390.jpg
    IMG_0390.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 874
  • IMG_0403.jpg
    IMG_0403.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 990
  • IMG_0401.jpg
    IMG_0401.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 949
  • IMG_0404.jpg
    IMG_0404.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 1,183
  • IMG_0398.jpg
    IMG_0398.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 1,033
  • IMG_0400.jpg
    IMG_0400.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 897
  • IMG_0396.jpg
    IMG_0396.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 844
  • IMG_0391.jpg
    IMG_0391.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 838

Miker

Bronco Guru
Happy your family made it through the ordeal of a lifetime. Keep us posted on how the buyback from insurance to finish your rebuild goes. God Speed!

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
So glad you are ok. I can't imagine what all of you are going through. My wife and I donated literally a SUV and open trailer full of new furniture, cribs, car seats and food from her non profit. Hope it helps some folks down there.

AFLtCol

Contributor
Bronco Guru
All I can say is "wow", you & your family, your 4 legged kids, & the Bronco are very lucky!

distended

Contributor
Glad you and your family are ok, even the cat. My in-laws live in Iowa and every time I hear of a Tornado I think of them. It seems to me from what I've seen on the news that you Oklahomans aren't going to wait around to start righting this wrong so god bless you and good luck.
I hope it'll all work out, that Bronco isn't to bad those are just battle scares.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
God Bless! Glad to hear that your family is safe along with the pets! The Bronco can be fixed for sure. Good Luck getting things back together and back to normal if that is possible.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Glad everyone is ok! When you get ready to start rebuilding the bronco, give us a list of what you need, I'm sure between us all we've got extras of about everything you need. Or give us a list now and we can start looking. Where are you living now?

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I can just imagine the local support network you have, here and elsewhere. Hang in there brother. We're all pulling for ya!

shamu

Lucky as the day is long.
Loc.
Sachse,Tx
From Damon Hopper. Sorry for your loss, and I was really wondering if you put the bumper on after I saw the first pics.
I have your number saved and I will ring you later. Like all of us we are so glad that you and the fam are fine and some day we will hook up. I will see Kyle on Monday to catch up with him and other friends up there.
Thanks for the update. Peace my friend.

OP
OP
JK

JK

Loc.
Kent, WA
Glad everyone is ok! When you get ready to start rebuilding the bronco, give us a list of what you need, I'm sure between us all we've got extras of about everything you need. Or give us a list now and we can start looking. Where are you living now?

We're staying at the Embassy Suites in Norman while we try and find a rental for the short term. I'm gonna need some body parts for sure. Everything piece of metal on the thing is beat up, and it sat in the rain for 2 days with no top, so I'm afraid to see whats happening under the carpet after a week. I'm thinking a new tub and fenders/hood/doors/top/windshield frame is in order. Basically an entirely new body The tailgate got beat up, but I'm not sure how bad. Now that I've settled with insurance, I can take it down and start cleaning it up to assess the damage. It drives fine, minus the fact that I had to do some shroud trimming because the grill got tweaked in enough to make the fan touch under power.

OP
OP
JK

JK

Loc.
Kent, WA
On a related note, I can't tell you what an awesome group of guys lurk around here. Just Bronco dudes in general. I've gotten text's from people I have never even met asking what they could do to help. Guys that I sold something as simple as an armrest to that want to come help clear debris. Couldn't ask for a better group of people to be associated with.

OP
OP
JK

JK

Loc.
Kent, WA
From Damon Hopper. Sorry for your loss, and I was really wondering if you put the bumper on after I saw the first pics.
I have your number saved and I will ring you later. Like all of us we are so glad that you and the fam are fine and some day we will hook up. I will see Kyle on Monday to catch up with him and other friends up there.
Thanks for the update. Peace my friend.

Looked pretty good up until about a week ago!

Attachments

• IMG_0373.jpg
    IMG_0373.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 503
  • IMG_0374.jpg
    IMG_0374.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 459

tw322

Glad you and the family are o.k. And for having been through a tornado like that the Bronco doesn't look too bad. I'm sure that it is a lot worse than it looks but at least it still looks like a Bronco and not a crushed aluminum can. Good luck with the rebuild of the home and Bronco.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
If you need a covered place to keep the bronco, I've got access to several barns and shops with concrete floors and are locked up. I'm an hour and a half north west of you, but the offer is there if you need it. Getting ready to pull my hard top off too for the summer, if that would keep you dry for a while. Who knows, you might fall in love with a black hard top, lol.:p

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I can't even imagine and I went through a couple of earthquakes in CA. Glad you're all OK, and what an attitude! I love the Midwest and Bronco Owners. They got their priorities straight!

OP
OP
JK

JK

Loc.
Kent, WA
It was where I left it, just turned 90 degrees. It got blown around a little bit, but inside that cage would have been the safest place in the house!

TwoDalesDad

Bronco Guru
Joel...These photo's are pricless...To see your Steed looking as ruff and Tuff as We all know they sre. I am so glad you and your loved ones made it through such a horrendus event. Comming from California I have lived through several Earth Quakes And Major Fire Storms without a Scratch. What Matters most are lives as everything else is just Stuff....If you need anything from Oregon I Will find away zto help a Bronco Brother, Godspeed in your recovery....

stlo

Bronco Guru
Loc.
tulsa
I'm pretty sure when u get panels or whatever u need we can all get together and plan a weekend to work on it and help out...I'm sure there would be several to show up and we could get a lot of work done.....let us know if it's something u want to do