• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Survived the Tornado! The rig wasn't so lucky!

76 One ton

Loc.
Shawnee, Ok
Good to hear you and the family made it out safely. Anything we can do to help just let us know, I'm not too far away. I'm fairly new on here but know most of the OCBR group. Finally picked up an EB now, have always had a FSB.

ScanmanSteven

Bronco Guru
So glad your family is okay. Most other things can be replaced, your memories will do for others. Is there an address we could send donations to? The Red Cross management makes millions in salaries, I'd rather donate directly to you. Let us know as I'm sure others would like to help. Do you need help clearing the debris from your pad? Good luck.

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
It looks like the Bronco was the ONLY thing intact in the entire neighborhood. Next time I hear the sirens up here I may crawl into my Bronco. :) seriously, glad you are all ok. Please get a list of things that you need, Bronco or not and maybe we can start collecting stuff.

ScanmanSteven

Bronco Guru
Sure glad the family is okay. Possessions can be replaced, family can't. Do you have an address where we could send donations if we want?

Are you responisble for cleaning your lot up or will the insurance cover that? Good luck.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
scary stuff, thank the lord your family is ok....

OP
OP
JK

JK

Loc.
Kent, WA
Thanks for the support fellas! As far as financial donations go, we are good. If people want to give, I would ask that they avoid the Red Cross and United Way. In the week since the tornado, I havent received anything from either organization beyond a dry ass chicken sandwich. Athletes and Celeb donations, the concert last night, all going to the United Way and Red Cross. I'll have to do a little research, but the people I think donations should go to are the men and women of the Samaritan's Purse group. They are a volunteer group with Billy Graham Ministries. I'm sure the travel isnt cheap. They have been in the neighboorhood volunteering to slave away every day since the tornado. Men, women, children, all helping recover items and clear property to the curb. I had an army show up and ask if they could help. Would have taken me weeks to do what we all did in an afternoon. Check out the picture!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 272

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I had the picture that was posted the next day printed out and on the conference room table at our office. I sure enjoyed being able to tell some of these Jeep guys you drove it out of that.

So happy to hear you, the family, and pets are all OK.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Thanks for the support fellas! As far as financial donations go, we are good. If people want to give, I would ask that they avoid the Red Cross and United Way. In the week since the tornado, I havent received anything from either organization beyond a dry ass chicken sandwich. Athletes and Celeb donations, the concert last night, all going to the United Way and Red Cross. I'll have to do a little research, but the people I think donations should go to are the men and women of the Samaritan's Purse group. They are a volunteer group with Billy Graham Ministries. I'm sure the travel isnt cheap. They have been in the neighboorhood volunteering to slave away every day since the tornado. Men, women, children, all helping recover items and clear property to the curb. I had an army show up and ask if they could help. Would have taken me weeks to do what we all did in an afternoon. Check out the picture!

that's for sure, red cross nor the salvation army came to shawnee. glad your ok let us know if you need anything

OP
OP
JK

JK

Loc.
Kent, WA
Sure glad the family is okay. Possessions can be replaced, family can't. Do you have an address where we could send donations if we want?

Are you responisble for cleaning your lot up or will the insurance cover that? Good luck.

Insurance does pay some, but the city and FEMA will take it if I can keep it close to the curb. Hard to get a 2000 sq ft + home within 15 ft of the curb on a cul de sac. They'll take some, then I push it all forward. They take more, I push again. Might draw out a bit.

motoman

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Just crazy JK! My heart goes out to you, your family, neighbors and friends....! Glad you are getting help!

csjr

Loc.
Lighthouse Point, FL
Thoughts and prayers out to you and yours. So good the family is safe. I did some volunteer work cleaning up after Hurricane Andrew down here (the homes were not quite as bad as what you have as they are mostly made of concrete block down here, but the insides were gutted and the neighborhoods looked like garbage dumps.....for miles and miles). Keep your head up and know others in far places are supporting with what they can. After you see devastation up close you're never the same, and you always want to help if you come through OK.

After surviving the F5 I think the Bronco should be named official zombie apocalypse survival vehicle. It's a no brainer...

Oakland Bronco

Loc.
San Francisco, CA
I'm very sorry that you've experienced this, but as others have said, I'm glad you're family and pets are safe and sound. Best wishes to you as you rebuild!

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Lived 20+ years in Kansas. Never seen a twister. I have even gone on the roof of the house to get a better view when the sirens go off. even did a little amature chasing a few times, just because I was going that way anyway and thought it would make the drive more interesting.

Seen the aftermath, almost always described as bizarr. Just like your case, house is gone, truck got turned 90°, but the soft top is fine. the bronco still looks nice. I would be tempted to drive it the way it is for a year or two. Just to get life settled back down again. Pick up a Dynacorn body and transfer all your good stuff onto it.

Bronco73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
Wow, so glad to hear you and your family are okay. Those are scary pictures. Crazy the bronco made it intake through that storm and didn't get tossed around.

rastiss

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Wichita falls, Texas
i have to ask, do your turn signals still work? i think you need to send that picture of it sitting in the debris to Ford telling them it's ford tough and how it drove out. maybe they would kick in some parts? glad you guys are ok.