• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Switching headlight , windshield to rocker switch

Jolly Roger

I'm installing a painless wiring harness and would liken to do away with the knobs and go to a rocker style switch for the headlight, heater fan and winshield wipers and fluid. Is this easy? how do you handle brights for the headlights, and different fan speed for the motor and different speed for windshield wipers. Or do I just need to stick with the factory knobs.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
if you plan to use rocker switches on high draw electrical loads you best use an electrical relay in the wiring path most rocker switches only hold up to low electrical loads.

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm planning to do this as well. The bright for your headlight would still use the dimmer switch on the floor. You just need a switch that's Off-On-On and a relay(s), the park lights would need to be on in both positions. Same for the wipers and the heater. I won't have a heater so I only need to figure out the headlight and wiper. That doesn't solve the problem of the washer but WH sells a switch for their wiper setup with separate motors that syncs them up that covers all that, you just need to win the lottery to buy it. It's doable but I would use relays for the power and only have the switches power the relays.