• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

T-bird caliper brake lines??

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
sure you got the 7/16x24 thread pitch? a 20 tpi would tighten up quick like you discribe

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
sure you got the 7/16x24 thread pitch? a 20 tpi would tighten up quick like you discribe

X2...the most common 7/16 banjo bolt is 7/16-20, however since the calipers were originally designed for a male brake fitting and not a banjo bolt, they're 7/16-24, which is what you need to match. While not nearly as common, they do exist and I have (8) of them on my shelf to prove it. :cool:

4x4man514

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Augusta,Georgia
Yea thanks. Unless the package is wrong they are right. I got them from summit by the part number you described. I did see plenty of twenty pitch in the local stores but this one is 24. I didn't know if that brake hose was tapered or anything. It may just be rough threads from the casting . Like I said I haven't forced it yet.

4x4man514

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Augusta,Georgia
One more question, what size is the fitting on the wheel cylinders and almost every where else? I think I ordered the wrong dang fittings with my line.:(

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
One more question, what size is the fitting on the wheel cylinders and almost every where else? I think I ordered the wrong dang fittings with my line.:(

Wheel cylinders should be 3/8-24 SAE inverted flare.

4x4man514

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Augusta,Georgia
Ok thanks. I do. Have the right size coming. And as far as the banjo bolts I think the casting was just a little rough. They went in easily with a wrench. Thanks for all the help!

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Oh, and thanks Chuck for not taking phone calls. I was told to email, so I'm emailing you through Classic Bronco Forums.
I am at the phone now from 1 to 5 pm M-F. As much as I like talking EBs I have to do other work to pay the phone bill:) If you look at our disc brake kit you will see the bolts and lines, the reason we include them in the kit is they are needed. My kits are made to fit with all the parts that go with them to replace stock. I have no way of knowing what you might use but if you ask I am glade to let you know what would/could work. The problem with the t-bird caliper is they are rebuilt and the rebuilder cuts the seat down a little to make sure the stock hose will seal. The banjo fitting is not stock so when they cut the seat it makes a pocket that causes the banjo to catch and not seal. We use new calipers so don't have the problem. Also while I am waiting for calls I check my e-mail but it has been down the first of the week.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Bumping this up to go with my other post about hoses for the t-bird calipers. Seeing that list of rigs using the 7/16 banjo do any have a flex hose that will fit on the bronco? If no response overnight I can check with napa in the morning.