• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tach recommendations?

Dogdare

Getting into the holiday season, and I have relatives asking what I want for X-mas. I don't think anyone loves me enough for some high dollar items that I'd love for the EB (new soft top, tube doors,...), but I figure someone can afford to give me a tach. Haven't run one in all the years I've owned my EB, but it would be nice to know my engine rpms.

Not looking for anything fancy, and definitely do not want a shift light or any gimmicks like that. Just a plain, no-nonsense tach that will survive off road.

Herb

ugly74

Bronco abuser
The tach I'm using is a Sun. it's really old (from the 70s) but it still works!

Explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raphine, Virginia
Look online for Sun Tach's. Pick one that suits your mounting location and the look you like. It's a nice inexpensive present without the bells and whistles.

OP
OP
D

Dogdare

Thx guys. Any value in a liquid filled tach, or is that just one more thing to go wrong or leak?

Herb

Big Slim

tach

i have the 3 3/4" sport comp mounted to the steering column. it looks good and the right size. the 5" would be way to big and the 2 1/16 would be too small. i think i got mine for under $50 on ebay.

Bronchole

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chatsworth, Ca (LA)
I run the 3 3/8 sport comp 0-8000 RPM in my dash. Autometer (or autogauge) arn't that much more than the others. The water filled gauges slightly dampen the motion of the gauges and will put up with more vibration abuse. You also don't get dust on the inside of the gauge face.

What you should really get is a minum of a 8" diameter 0-15000 RPM with a 100W 2" diameter shift light, just like all the rice boys ;)

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
El cheapo autometer guage is what I'm running now it was the size I wanted and didnt have the extra stuff plus they are cheap compared to the others. Mounted on the steering column.

Buldozer

Bronco Virtuoso
Loc.
God's Country
I like this Ford Racing tach I mounted in the dash. Seems like you end up with a lot of parts that are not Ford, so at least this one says Ford on it and it works great.

Attachments

• 6-21-08 003 (600 x 450).jpg
    6-21-08 003 (600 x 450).jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 58