• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

The Bronco Wave

snowman75

Loc.
Pacific Northwest
I just got my Bronco a couple of weeks ago, and all I have to say is screw the j@#p wave. Every Bronco owner that I pass waves. It's great, so keep on waving everyone. It's a Bronco thing. ;D

71BRSP#8

Contributor
Loc.
Millersburg OR
Funny you should mention that... Dad and I were talking about it last night. It goes way back. He was getting and giving the Bronco wave back in 71 whan he bought his Bronco... No vehicle sence has gotten the same reaction from people for him sence that old 71...

Waverous

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, CO
Bronco owners know and appreciate the effort that has to go into restoring and maintaining these old horses and we acknowledge each others effort through a friendly wave. Jeep owners are more anonymus and have the advantage of instant bolt on parts. They never have to spend the time researching or conversing about what upgrades are available.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
there's also a bronco dirty look. I get it when I wave to some of the pretty so cal broncos from my dirty 72. It's about 50-50 with the wave out here.

Josh

Loc.
Pittsburgh, PA
i have never had the privilidge to experience the "bronco wave" :( :'( mine has been the only bronco i have ever seen driving down the road. (guess it's time for a road trip out west ;D )

75Sport

Loc.
Houston
i get waves from the heeps. only the jacked, used, and beaten lookin ones though, not the father bought you a lift and tires guys.

Hnrys69

Bronco Guru
I used to get the wave all the time, now only the big beefy offroaders wave and the broncos just stare at me :'( :'(

74bronc

Bronco Guru
[quote author=sandkimo link=board=5;threadid=10861;start=0#79757 date=1036356108]<br>not just the broncos.. everyone waves ;D<br>[/quote]<br><br>Not with Honda's. I don't give fellow honda owners a friendly wave seeing as you can't swing a cat in this town by the tail without hitting one, them and BMW's that is.<br><br>I wrote a story about this for Bronco Driver. We'll see if it makes it.

mxpaz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
KC
After I put my 38s on mine I wanted to see what it was like to drive on the street. These two cool dudes were going real slow in the fast lane in their cool lowered POS. When the driver seen I was 1/4 from driving over the top of them he gave me a special kind of wave.

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
I have a neighbor around the corner who waves sometimes five or six times a day. SHE drives a older (70s) land cruiser. Problem is I have a wife and she has a husband.

supermottl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indian Harbour Bch,
Round here, I get it from all the old 4x4s. This one guy with the land cruiser, and a few guys with pipe jeeps, and of course anyone with a lifted truck.. it's pretty cool. <br><br>No other broncos round my part though....

TexasBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Waterford, MI
I have noticed two things while living in Texas. First we measure distance by time, like my thing on the left states. Also once you get away from the big cities, everybody who isn' t driving a car waves. Everything from Semi-Truck Drivers right down to a Samuris.

75dlydrvr

Loc.
Colorado
I agree it's a Bronco thing. ;D ;D ;D I have to admit though, that sometimes Bronco owners don't wave. :mad: I can't figure it out. I pass one almost every morning. It's a beautiful semi-stock EB, and the owner never waves. I wonder if it's because mine is a rust bucket. ?:?

dksroland

Loc.
springfield, mo.
There were 2 or 3 other broncos in town I would see once in a while this summer. It seems like they fell of the end of the world now.<br>Where have all the broncos gone? ?:?<br>There's a song in that somewhere. ;D<br>Past couple months haven't seen a one.<br>Come on out and Play. I know its a big scary world out there and you can sometimes seem all alone in a world full of j@@ps and j@ps, but we can be there to support each other by giving each other that Bronco Wave. And we know its real because it comes from the heart of a fella bronco lover. :)<br>So come out, come out ,where ever you are. Lets show the other guys what its really all about. 8)<br>What do ya say? ;D :D :)<br>

TexasBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Waterford, MI
[quote author=73wanky link=board=5;threadid=10861;start=15#79891 date=1036380059]
There were 2 or 3 other broncos in town I would see once in a while this summer. It seems like they fell of the end of the world now.
Where have all the broncos gone? ?:?
There's a song in that somewhere. ;D
Past couple months haven't seen a one.
Come on out and Play. I know its a big scary world out there and you can sometimes seem all alone in a world full of j@@ps and j@ps, but we can be there to support each other by giving each other that Bronco Wave. And we know its real because it comes from the heart of a fella bronco lover. :)
So come out, come out ,where ever you are. Lets show the other guys what its really all about. 8)
What do ya say? ;D :D :)

[/quote]

Reasons for the disappearnec of Broncos. Heeps are cheap....and people know it is a Bronco Market right now so they sell theirs, or part them out.

merciless

Loc.
Brooklyn, NY
[quote author=supermottl link=board=5;threadid=10861;start=0#79863 date=1036376198]<br>Round here, I get it from all the old 4x4s. This one guy with the land cruiser, and a few guys with pipe jeeps, and of course anyone with a lifted truck.. it's pretty cool. <br><br>No other broncos round my part though....<br>[/quote]<br><br>Thats funny im in brooklyn Ive seen 2 others here(there gone now) and 2 in the Hamptons. I did my first wave in Amagansett to a person with a way jacked up bronco and saw the other sittin in Mauntauk