• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

The weather is a little unusual here in the Willamette Valley.....

70 sport WA

Contributor
Took a trip to Eugene one winter (while I was living down in Tucson) and I asked a local, "how often do the snow plows come out?" He laughed and said "almost never". Thought anything above Arizona always got snow.

Now living in Tacoma WA area, I see what you mean. Very unusual to get snow this close to the coast and low elevation. But we've gotten lots here this week, too. My rig doesn't do well in these icy conditions, either. Almost went skiing today, but figure I'll wait until roads look a little better!

Dan

45acp

Loc.
Texarkana AR
GOD BLESS YOU EAST TEXAS!!!

it was in the 70's all day yesterday and it is currently 77 degrees and partly cloudy. im going to go work on my rig...... in shorts with the door up.... muhahahahaha ;D

SgtRock

Loc.
East Texas
Warm & Sunny in Central Texas

I hear you I am in East Texas also, in Mineola near Tyler.
Who needs a white Christmas? I'll take mid 70's in December/January anytime!
The pic is from December 27th on the Llano river in central Texas(notice the short sleeves!)

Craig
Mineola
'74

dxeflyr

Loc.
Ocala FL
Parents are stuck trying to get back from Ashland OR since New Year's because of snow. I told them it was OK here, but I was headed to Jacksonville FL to get a little warmer. Sympathy doesn't run deep in my family, I guess ;D . Y'all have fun with the white stuff, I'll take the beach any day.

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
I was eating dinner and watching the news tonight and almost spit up food. They were showing all sorts of places out west with snow and ice and people sliding all over the place. They were sliding down a hill backwards, frontwards, and everything in between. Sure was funny. What the heck would you guys do with 3 or 4 FEET all at once ? Now, if we could only get it to snow in Texas and give everyone a equal opportunity chance to look stupid ;D

raleigh_bronco

Bronco Guru
rayc said:
Just thought I would send a pic showing the unusual snow we are having. We usually just get a light dusting, but the last week has been the most snow I can remember on the valley floor in Oregon...

Very nice ride.

;D

MI-Bronco

2badrotties said:
Now, if we could only get it to snow in Texas and give everyone a equal opportunity chance to look stupid ;D

I lived in Lubbock in another life and got a first hand view - it wasn't pretty.. Was cool to see someone pass me, goin sideways looking at me with an "aw shucks" look though :eek: :eek:

Underwear cleanup - Slide Rd. and 82nd!!

77BroncoWag

Bronco Guru
rayc said:
Just thought I would send a pic showing the unusual snow we are having. We usually just get a light dusting, but the last week has been the most snow I can remember on the valley floor in Oregon...
trying to remember what year but in the late 70's we had over 3 feet in Brush Prairie/Hockinson/Battle Ground area north of Vancouver:eek: :eek:

elkarcher

Bronco Guru
ya'll can have some of our snow. 3 feet of it. I will keep a little but just for the heck of it but other wise ya'll can keep it. haha;D ;D

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
Well it's not Anchorage weather but I was out having fun in the snow this morning. This is my first winter with the Bronco and am finding out it's a little squirrelly in the stuff.

Attachments

• snow-today.jpg
    snow-today.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 60

broncoluv

Loc.
very west, oregon
snow at the beach

I live seven miles from the ocean in newport oregon area, i have had snow in my yard for a week. We got four inches last monday. Except for six years living in idaho, ive lived here my whole life and never seen weather like this. Better than rain anyday!;D I wish the locals had a clue about driving on ice, four wheel drive doesn't help you stop people! The insurance companies must be crying big alligator tears. I say bring on the snow.;D

dxeflyr

Loc.
Ocala FL
Re: snow at the beach

broncoluv said:
I wish the locals had a clue about driving on ice, four wheel drive doesn't help you stop people!

I had my '94 in Milwaukee when I lived up there about 3 years ago, and had the best time after snowstorms pulling dumbasses in their pretty new SUV's out of snowbanks. I remember the look of amazement a guy gave me when I (redneck poster child) pulled his new Suburban out of a snowy ditch with my ratty old Bronco.;D

wilson

If you don't like the weather here wait A day or two. Thurs. and Fri. about 60, today snow and 15!?:?

Case

ITs about 20 here, and SNOWWWIIIING and its suppose the snow all night, 5 to 12 inches by moring. looks like ill be out at midnight plowing. time to make some $$.

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
;D ;D ;D No snow today but it is a blistering 17 with ice that realey sucks Have fun ;D ;D ;D Bill :cool: %) :p

hackyrat

I opened the garage and was met by someone who said he was an old friend. Almost didn't recognize Mr. Bronc;D Looks like more may be on the way.

Attachments

• snowbronco.jpg
    snowbronco.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 57

Lttrbox

Loc.
IF
Gotta love that white stuff. Anyone for 3 ft over two days. Went on a snowmachining trip woke up the first morning with snow halfway up my thigh. Following the second day we decided to bail out before the road closes. The third day hit and shut down all highways in and out of SE ID. It took em two days to clear the interstate enough to get traffic through. The mountains passes over to Jackson WY were closed for a week.

Currently about 1 ft of white stuff and -11 this morning.