• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

This place used to be...

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Lots of us are still here. I dont post much anymore. I still have two EBs and now have one 6G bronco and another on the way. Prices are too stupid high to buy, mess with and sell like it was a few years back. This is by far the best web site. I am on bronco6G at times and the comments are just rude and people talk down to each other. Never felt that way on this site. The hobby has changed for sure not too many guys dragging old broncos out of the back yards getting them running and thrashing them on the trails. Now adays everyone (including myself) sees a bronco as a dollar sign!

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
I still frequent here often. Really everyday. The advice and people on here are just great!

Yea, I like to look on Facebook too, but the amount of misinformation and peoples attitudes on there is a bit of a turn off.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Oh, it’s still a hotbed of early Bronco activity with threads like, “Help, it rained on my bronco”, “my paint job costs 50K, how can I pay more?” “I only get 3000hp at the rear wheels in my bronco, what’s wrong with it?”, and the always captivating, “Can’t believe you did that cause. you lost so much value “. I sometimes feel for all those worrying, more than riding, but then I got hooked 1974 and remember vividly jumping my stock bronco 28 ft in the sand dunes near Mayport Florida, with my mom in the front and daddy hanging on for dear life in the back. They’ve passed on now resting in peace and I’m wiser and more mature now, :D:D:D:D:D:D. I guess we all find happiness in different ways.

I spend more time in the archives,,,,,,,as its still good place for ole school information.

Lady Dinosaur….🐲🐲🐲🐲🐲
Love this response. Being in so cal I'm constantly hit with "aren't you gonna paint it"

Shimmy

Contributor
1977 Bronco
Loc.
Maple Valley
i'm new to the forum but not new to broncos having owned a 79' since 1998. i bought it off my grandpa and loved it but always had an eye on his EB. fast forward and i'm finally in a position to acquire one.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm still hangin' around..but my once numerous Bronco herd and piles of parts are no more. I got one left.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Like Todd Z and Steve (Yeller) both said, I like the community here much better than FB (I gave up on IG).

I still get stuck a lot (nvrstk plates), been here since it started and check almost daily. Started with my Bronco waaaay before the internet- back in '76. Back then like mentioned earlier we built the parts because there wasn't any support. Thanks James Duff (he won a SEMA award) for press in track bar bushings about 40 yrs ago! lol

B-fix and a couple other early forums were similar- great commaraderie back then. Chat room horror stories! lol

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm like a lot of others and maybe don't post as much as I once did, but this is still one the only sites beside the weather that I check on everyday! I guess that means a few of us are getting old! Still Broncoing though!! 100_1731.JPG

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
still kicking tires and check in all the time. Will say the people I have met on this forum are the most genuine, honest and pretty much the coolest people ever. Thanks to all for support, encouragement over the years!

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
I rarely check nor follow any other bronco pages. I browse the FB groups some and it seems like its a bunch of whiners on there for the most part with a couple interjections from good, knowledgable people, some of which post on classic regularly. I used to browse classic back in 2003 and am certainly glad it was still around when I finally decided to buy my own EB a little while back. This is a great site and I have made some incredible friends and connections through it. Certainly glad you "old timers" have welcomed me into your club. I love it here.

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
As with any hobby or fandom - age and exclusivity (with regards to the objects themselves and prices) will eventually ruin everything.
I'm not even 40 yet and been "here" for 20 years, but I'm on the edge of selling my current 77 DD.
They aren't making more and the cost of 'market value' restorations is quickly outpacing the budgets I was setting aside. Between new ones and the near six figure builds out there - I could never justify the time any more. Was holding to build with my oldest, but currently no interest and I can't fathom spending 3-5 years and $60k in materials to rebuild her to the way I want by myself. And the lack of drivetime now with new job and lack of safety for my ever growing kids - that is an unfortunate misuse of a healthy chunk of cash sitting covered in the driveway.

Looking around at other hobbies I dabble in: that $10k vintage Martin guitar is pawn fodder when the people who remember it being iconic are gone. A lot of computer based stuff pushed low level hobbyists out (crypto, parts shortages, etc) from gaming and building.

It's a byproduct of the world. Enjoy what you enjoy while you can - just don't whine about others when the world continues to spin.
What is the Martin, year, model