• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Time for Tach Talk!

Slumlord

Loc.
Portland, Oregon
Hey gang,

I'm thinking about purchasing a tach for my '69. I've been reading (thanks to the search option!) that the installation is relatively painless, so that's good to hear.

Since I know many of you out there have tachometer's, I'm hoping that I can persuade some of you to post pictures, give small reviews on your tach (Pro's/Con's) and inform me as to where you purchased yours from and how much it was.

Any help is as always, gladly appreciated!

:D

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Pay a little more and get a good brand like auto meter. I've bought a couple cheaper ones and they aren't very acurate.

4x4man514

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Augusta,Georgia
i agree fully with stevel.its definitely worth the money.plus if you do have problems,you could send the tach back to reputable companies like auto meter for repairs rather than buying a new one.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I like my VDO (cockpit series?)
Nice even illumination, easy to read, accurate (using the data logging off the fuel injection to check.

IowaMike

Bronco Guru
I've always been partial to the SunPro Supertach II. I've had a couple of them over the years and no complaints.

(Note to self, get my tach out of son's '73 F-100 for '68 EB. Or make him buy me a new one)