• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

To those that have installed Vintage Air System

vap13

Bill, here is a pic of the hole I used for the evap. through the firewall. If this is'nt what you wanted let me know and I'll take another,this digital film is cheap.
Paul

Attachments

• Resize of DSC03001.JPG
    Resize of DSC03001.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 32

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
I just got a call from Jason and my unit should make it out to the UPS guy today.. ;D

OP
OP
MnkyBiz

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
Thanks Paul,

I am stalling the install of the AC until I get my latest box from BCs with the new Alt & bracket. I want to get that done first, then start....Monkeying....with the AC.

I just picked up my Roll Cage from teh Powdercoating shop!!!! HOLY COW IS IT AWESOME!!!! I'll have to snap some photos when next down at project central!

Bill

vap13

Same here, I'm going to wait for the compressor brackets before I go any further. Its not like I have nothing else to do.
When you can lets see some pictures of that roll cage, sounds like it came out great.
Paul

mlogan24

Bronco Guru
OK-I think this question is mainly aimed at Chuck, but if anyone knows please chime in. I'm going to be installing Ryan's EFI harness and I plan on getting BC's new AC kit as soon as I can. My question is-it would seem that Ryans harness mounts the EEC unit in a spot that is occupied by the Vintage Air AC unit and its lines (under the dash, pass. side, close to the firewall). Am I wrong on this or is that how the placement on these two works out? I currently have a SD EEC in there for my 5.8, but fortunately, the OEM harness allowed me to munt it horizontally right above the pedal assembly (great spot for it! I was able to use the Ford EEC grommet that is shaped around the EEC plug-something to grab if see them in the j-yard!). I'm hoping Ryan's harness will be long enough that I can re-use that spot, but I'm not quite at the point where I can test fit it yet.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Our A/C lines and heater lines all pass through the fire wall behind the engine about center left to right. We did it this way to avoid other things and so the same A/C lines could go to either side of the engine. The V belt compressor is on the passenger side head and the S belt compressor is on hte drivers side head.
The update on jasons install. He put the dryer in backwards, we figured that out after I got there last night. Turned it around and charged the system and all went well. Air coming out the vents was 18 degrees, that is about normal for a good system. He need to clean up a few wires and install the switches(we had them out to test everything) and will be done.

OP
OP
MnkyBiz

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
Chuck,

do you have any advice for my situation? I have your serp setup and the older Vintage Air setup. I also run dual batteries. would I be better off running hard lines around the back of the block, then soft through the old air vent as the old VA setup calls for?

Thanks!

Also, please thank Debbie & Jason for being such fantastic people & dealing with me & my lost USPS box with alternator & bracket!

Bill Criss

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
When I first looked at the vent thing I started planning a new A/C. I think it looks like crap. Sorry, The box inside is the problem for you because the lines come out the wrong side (in my opinion). Have you installed it yet? I could look back at the old posts but it is easier to just ask you. If not maybe Vintage will take it back? If they are willing I will allow them to exchange it for one of mine. Maybe offer them a little money? If you have installed it call Jason and ask what he had planned before we decided to redo the whole thing. He was working on some ideas to use the Vintage Air box. But we decided to just pay the money and have them make a new set-up just for us.
MnkyBiz said:
Chuck,

do you have any advice for my situation? I have your serp setup and the older Vintage Air setup. I also run dual batteries. would I be better off running hard lines around the back of the block, then soft through the old air vent as the old VA setup calls for?

Thanks!

Also, please thank Debbie & Jason for being such fantastic people & dealing with me & my lost USPS box with alternator & bracket!

Bill Criss

mlogan24

Bronco Guru
chuck said:
behind the engine about center left to right.

huh? ;D

Actually, I think I know what you're saying. I just now remember the pics you posted of the bulkhead connector. That center mount for the lines will be good for my setup for two reasons actually. One, I'm planning on using the drivers side AC unit on my OEM serp. setup., so that makes running lines easier. Two, I think I'm going to level out the cowl panel on the pass. side so installing the AC unit and my EEC unit will be a little easier.