• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Towing

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Ringwood, NJ
So, when i get back from Airborne Im drivin the bronco back to Phoenix from Colorado Springs (first road trip!). Do you think if I got a flat bed trailer I could tow my 03 Mach 1 w/o any issues (besides lots of gas). my setup

Holly 670cfm T/A
HEF 3 speed
stock gears front and rear (9" and 44)
33's
3.5"lift w/ 1" BL
Thanks

My69Pony

You wouldn't catch me towing anything more then a small trailer with a bit of camping gear with a lifted Bronco on 33's. With a fairly stock Bronco with an automatic, I use to put a small camp trail, about 3000 lbs. That to me would be the limit I would attempt.
Brian

OP
OP
Bitch'nBronco

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Ringwood, NJ
The machs not much heavier than the trailer you're talking about, roughly 3500 lbs. but the lift on the broncos what has me concerned about towing it

My69Pony

The lift would also concern me, but if the Mach is 3500lbs, add another 750-1000 lbs for the trailer and now your talking over two tons with a very short wheelbase and lift. Not for me.
Brian

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
I would really be concerned with brakes more than anything. I pulled an 18' saltwater fishing boat with a lifted EB with 33s years ago and was unable to stop at several intersections. It was kinda scary. I don't think I would risk it.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I would be concerned with the brakes also. If the trailer had brakes and your broncos brakes are in good shape I am sure it will do it. Will it be fun NO! Would I want to do it NO! Get a freind to drive on of your cars back!

HavaBronco

Loc.
Lake Havasu City
I'd spend my money on a plane ticket rather then a trailer. Either have a buddy drive it down and get em a 1 way ticket back, or drive one then fly back after the second. I've done that over weight towing thing before and it's not good! Add up the weight of your mach and a trailer and it'll out way your bronco which will have a much higher center of gravity and way short over all length. No shame or financial waste to opt out for safety!
Chuck

OP
OP
Bitch'nBronco

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Ringwood, NJ
Im liking the one way ticket idea, Im sure I could find someone who wants to drive the mach down. Thanks

HavaBronco

Loc.
Lake Havasu City
Great minds think alike!:cool: I was just thinkin, I could catch a flight from vegas to Co. Springs real easy just for the opportunity to drive"someone elses" Mach one on the highway!;D Good luck
Chuck

OP
OP
Bitch'nBronco

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Ringwood, NJ
Fly me up John, I'll drive either one down. But if it's the Bronco it'll have to be at 2 in the morning, it's Fing hot in Tempe right now...

Haha, I'll figure it out, I'll keep you in mind. Chances are good whoever is drivin'l be drivin the mach, I wanna spend some quality time w/ the bronco hahaha

Picture of said Mach
PICT0001.jpg

PICT0001-2.jpg

HavaBronco

Loc.
Lake Havasu City
Nice pic! and I know that Bar! I used to work as a bouncer at the Fort Collins Co. version "Washingtons" that was only.......oh crap 22 years ago;D
So where's the pic of the Bronco? Parked outside a bar in say Sedalia, or maybe Monument.
Chuck

OP
OP
Bitch'nBronco

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Ringwood, NJ
Oh, and I put the exhaust back on the Mach since that picture, I went to the track that day and took the catback off, ran 12:30's all night. Sounds pretty good too

74 Bronco Boy

THat bronc looks clean;D;D And that the mustang looks good but it won't if something happens. so be safe;)