• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Trading Bronco for Sami

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
Okay.. I'm thinking about trading the project Brown hornet for a full spec Suzuki Sami w/ 4 link front and rear. Should I do it?

I can't believe you had these thoughts let alone posted them to the world.

Your Bronco Brotherhood membership has been revoked.

Please trade your Bronco for the metrosexual Sami and get the hell out.

regshawn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland
Don't worry guy's (and Gals), if he was any more full of Sh!t he would be a Republican!!!! I am 100% sure he is full of crap and just wanted to stir up some controversy. I think if he did trade it, his "Lady friend" would leave, and his dog would piss on him in his sleep! But its all in good fun I'm sure.

Shawn

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Don't worry guy's (and Gals), if he was any more full of Sh!t he would be a Republican!!!!
Shawn

Hey, I resemble that remark!!!

I think since he has revoked his desire to love that Bronco like it should we need to do the right thing and find it a new home. I was at his place the other day and snagged a spare key to the house and I have a few spare ignition switches. Its on baby!!!

Potshot

If I could afford to have a sammy and the bronco, I would have one. Had a couple come by my desk that were really good deals. They go everywhere and only require two people to bounce a little to get them unstuck (kinda like a big quad). No, I wouldn't TRADE the bronco for a zuki, but I would have one of each if the opportunity presented and I had extra cash.

In the end, do what YOU feel is best, you asked a dedicated american classic site about trading for a not so classic ricer, so you knew the answer before you asked. Maybe you just needed some reassurance(if that's what this is called) to prevent you from swapping. Like I said, they are very capable rigs, you can go anywhere in them, you just can't go anywhere and still have that touch of style.

Ditto. Kinda silly getting rabid about it here... we already know what the response would be on a Sammi board. I think someone is just trolling in reverse ;) %)

regshawn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland
I was at his place the other day and snagged a spare key to the house and I have a few spare ignition switches. Its on baby!!!

Hell yeah that thing (Bronco) runs strong! We can leave some evidence we where there, like to big black tire marks leaving the driveway. I bet we could have that Bronco changed enough (you spare parts and mine) that he wouldn't know it was his if he was riding in it. That will tech him a lesson.;D :-*

Shawn

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Hell yeah that thing (Bronco) runs strong! We can leave some evidence we where there, like to big black tire marks leaving the driveway. I bet we could have that Bronco changed enough (you spare parts and mine) that he wouldn't know it was his if he was riding in it. That will tech him a lesson.;D :-*

Shawn

You do remember all the glovebox doors and titles I have dont ya?!?!?!

Dirtyboy

Loc.
Cape Cod, Mass
This is too much fun...I had to post these........but there not far off...;D ;D

Attachments

• youmay.jpg
    youmay.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 37
  • banhim.jpg
    banhim.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 21

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
hehehe.

untitled.jpg

Potshot

I'm not rabid, just trying to be funny - it's not working is it?

Nah, you're not rabid. But it was starting to smell kinda Jeepy in here the way everyone was acting. But since the topic has gone totally over the top now, I'll put post a totally non-PC image too (not directed to anyone at all, these images just crack me up because people are way too uptight about 'em.

reminder.jpg

bushman

Loc.
Oregon City, OR
I know a poor misguided ass who has a Sami. I offered to...get this...give him a tub, frame, front metal, 6 point cage, with a 302 (seized), 3spd, dana 20, and axles. Just to bring him up from the dark side.
He turned me down, put jeep springs under the Sami, cut the frame in half and lengthened it a foot, and that's as far as he got. It's a pile of parts.

Good plan!

Potshot

I know a poor misguided ass who has a Sami. I offered to...get this...give him a tub, frame, front metal, 6 point cage, with a 302 (seized), 3spd, dana 20, and axles. Just to bring him up from the dark side.
He turned me down, put jeep springs under the Sami, cut the frame in half and lengthened it a foot, and that's as far as he got. It's a pile of parts.

Good plan!

Some people just can't see the light. Get this; I bought a nasty tub to put on a trail rig I'll be struggling with during the long night of winter up here. The guy who ran the yard I picked it up from was talking about some of the local Jeepers up here putting Jeep bodies on EB running gear! Talk about posing.

His opinion was that it was a good thing to do to a Jeep since EBs were so much better on the trail. Something to do with flexing.

Amac70

ME
Like you need another one lying around Josh? and i'll be that dark horse, nothing wrong with a sami for wheeling they will go a lot of places and if someones already dumped the money in it, hell why not. I've seem people beat the living piss out of them and run them at redline all day long and they just keep going. Just think its small enough you could use your other bronco for a tow rig.

Dirtyboy

Loc.
Cape Cod, Mass
...uh...um....what? you lost me after u said dark horse...where you muttering or something?...Did you just say use your EB as a tow rig? we do that already...but not a Primary rig?....I dont get it....;D

Attachments

• FoxNewsWhat.jpg
    FoxNewsWhat.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 13

Amac70

ME
Ya sometimes i mumble a bit. sorry. i'll try to inunciate better next time. :)

OP
OP
starkypdx

starkypdx

Loc.
Secret lab in Oregon
Ok.. Ok.. Ok..

Sorry I'm not as quick as others to get back to the board here... but I did have a lot of PM's to get through..
I appreciated the PM's from Mr I, P and B on the technical plusses of the shorter wheelbase and the obvious upgrades that can be done. I love the number of bronco sell outs on here that are pumping up the sammi!

I went over and looked at it tonight and it looks like the deal is almost a go!.. He's swapped in a little 4 cyl out of an old datsun B210 that runs like a scalded monkey! Toyota axles, Low gear set in the trans, 4 link, 5:33 gears, exo-cage, sits on 36" goodyears. There's only 25k miles on the truck! He had another one built just like this one but it was dented up and had been beaten on. To my suprise there is only one small dent after the new paint was done on this truck. Do you really think I'm making a bad decision?

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
I went over and looked at it tonight and it looks like the deal is almost a go!.. He's swapped in a little 4 cyl out of an old datsun B210 that runs like a scalded monkey! Toyota axles, Low gear set in the trans, 4 link, 5:33 gears, exo-cage, sits on 36" goodyears. There's only 25k miles on the truck! He had another one built just like this one but it was dented up and had been beaten on. To my suprise there is only one small dent after the new paint was done on this truck. Do you really think I'm making a bad decision?

Yes. A very bad decision. And listen to yourself....."a little 4 cyl out of an old datsun B210 that runs like a scalded monkey"....

here, that quote should read:

"a little 4 cyl out of an old datsun.....then I came to my senses, turned around and went home. Then, I went upstairs and proceeded to kick my own ass for thinking such nonsense."

There, that's much better. ;D