• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Trading Bronco for Sami

Amac70

ME
just think of how much money you'll put into that bronco to get anywhere near that sami. If you getting it for stricktly wheeling and thats what you were going to do to the bronco i say get it. don't know what kind of shape your project bronco is in but if its anything like mine. I can count the thousands of dollars it will take to get going and just don't even want to look at it sometimes. If you hate it after awhile sell it get another bronco project. This isn't back east where apparently there are no broncos. I know of atleast three decent broncos sitting right now all for under 2ooo in running driving condition.

JeepGuy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
"a little 4 cyl out of an old datsun.....then I came to my senses, turned around and went home. Then, I went upstairs and proceeded to kick my own ass for thinking such nonsense."

;D

That was beautiful man.... you brought a tear to my eye...;D

Formerjughead

Loc.
Chico
Don't ask don't tell..........If this is a route you are seriously considering I feel it necessary to remind you that you won't be in the Bowl pic for SOB12.

Brad

Dirtyboy

Loc.
Cape Cod, Mass
Heres a picture of b210 motor...'that runs like a scalded monkey'..........lol. And a 302 first red picture I found. I think idleing, the 302 put out more horsepower than the b210 motor.........sad.......what are the youth of America coming too. ;D

Attachments

• b210.jpg
    b210.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 35
  • red302.jpg
    red302.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 23

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You can get it, just as long as you understand that is will never look better than a bronco. If you are simply looking to get more involved in offroading and want a more reliable setup than what you have, depends on your build of course, then that sounds reasonable. It sounds like a fairly built rig and should be able to handle quite a bit. Another popular upgrade to the sami is to swap in a 1.6l EFI from a geo tracker.

It all comes down to what you want to do and how much you want to spend. The sami sounds like it has most things done already and you may have much more to do on your bronco by comparison to get to the same point. If you just want to wheel more, trade, if you want to build a less common, better looking, more blood sweat and tears rig, stick with the bronco.

thumping

Loc.
Jacksboro Tn
You know, if you really want the Sammy (only you and God knows why) you could just give him 50 bucks for it and call it even...;D

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
Another popular upgrade to the sami is to swap in a 1.6l EFI from a geo tracker.

HistericalSmiley.gif
HistericalSmiley.gif
HistericalSmiley.gif
HistericalSmiley.gif

Man, I can't stop chuckling about this. Here are some specs that I found:

- 1,590 cc 1.6 liters 4 in-line front longitudinal engine with 75 mm bore, 90 mm stroke, 8.9 compression ratio, overhead cam and two valves per cylinder
- Unleaded fuel
- Fuel economy EPA highway (l/100km): 8.7
- Single-point injection fuel system
- 42 liter fuel tank
- Power: SAE and 60 kW , 80 HP @ 5,400 rpm; 94 ft lb , 127 Nm @ 3,000 rpm

94 ft-lb of torque.........man, that is classic!!!

HistericalSmiley.gif
HistericalSmiley.gif
HistericalSmiley.gif
HistericalSmiley.gif

bushman

Loc.
Oregon City, OR
My buddy wants to go to SOB 12. I told him he's not allowed as long as that thing stinks up his driveway. He named it the "Super Duke". I call it "Dookie".

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Let me start off by saying they are no where in the same league as the bronco. But I have considered buying one to play with for this reason: I have the itch to buy a little rhino or 4 wheel toy for riding on my brother in-laws farms but can't stomach the idea of spending 10K for something you can't drive on the street. The Sami is virtually the same size and idea, it's just street legal and has heat and air and I can pick one up dirt cheap, even with some offroad mods I am below the 10K mark. OK I said it, now I am going to go take a shower to wash the dirt off! Oh and there is no way, I would trade a running bronco for a Sami.

Ben

Potshot

I was going to buy a refrigerator today, but I finally came to my senses. Why they hell would I do that? The damn thing is probably made in China and it doesn't even run on regular gas! Frickin' plastic EVERYWHERE! Plus it has none of the true classic American styling and design that make the Early Bronco the true hottie magnet that it is! Cold beer? Over-rated. Spoiled groceries? If that's what it takes. I'm going to get another Bronco instead.

Now, about that toilet that needs replacing... I can see that's gonna be a problem.

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
What does the Bronco have over the original Hummer military vehicle...size advatange to fit down narrorer trails; same can be argued for the Sami.

He is trading a partialy completed rig for a rig he can go and beat to death on the trails. I'd rather see a sami body get chewed up than an old Bronco.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
stuck in muck..........................

And they suppose to be lightweight

How could this situation look better than a bronco?

Attachments

• DSC01604s.jpg
    DSC01604s.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 41

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Something about being stuck in muck with an EB.....:cool: ;D %)

Attachments

• DSC01970sm.jpg
    DSC01970sm.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC01965sm.jpg
    DSC01965sm.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC01613s.jpg
    DSC01613s.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 11

Broncology

sami's are butt-ugly and in now way compare to a bronco in looks and performance.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
stuck in muck..........................

And they suppose to be lightweight

How could this situation look better than a bronco?

That actually looks like a lot of fun, its like driving a golf cart!!! Hey I wonder if one of those lil mud busters would fit on a Sami frame ;D ;D ;D