• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Turn Signal Switch

drgil

Loc.
Glendale,AZ
Everyone was so helpful with my overheating problem I thought I would try to use your knowledge again.

My turn signals have stopped working. The wiring harness is a newer Centech wiring system. The fuse is fine and all brake/tail lights are still functioning. They also do not flash on the dash cluster.

How do I switch out the turn signal switch in the column? PLEASE keep in mind I am a newbie and not too mechanically inclined so any diagrams would help. I have tried to search for an exploding diagram to make it easier. I figured out how to get the steering wheel off but not sure what I am looking at/ what to do from there.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Have you tried a new flasher? It's rare for the brakes lights to keep working with a bad turn switch.

I had an exploding diagram but it already went off. ;)

OP
OP
drgil

drgil

Loc.
Glendale,AZ
is it common for both to go out at the same time? Also I for got to mention they are not showing in the dash display.

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
Check the flasher first. If thats not it and you want to switch the unit you need to start removing the steering wheel entirely. Just follow the bolts.

Toms Bronco Parts has two varieties. I just installed the one with built in hazards and got it to work. I know didly squat and managed. It was quite straightforward actually.

Attachments

• 3791-3792-3793.JPG
    3791-3792-3793.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2552.JPG
    IMG_2552.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 26

mgawat

do you have the comparison colors on the one without the hazard as to how they matchup to the original colors...I am trying to rescue a buddy having a hell of a time restoring a 1969 Bronco.