• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ultimate trail necessities must have list?

Jabo76

Loc.
Raleigh
Does anyone have or can anyone send me a link to an ultimate trail necessity list?

I know that all you hyper obsessive crazy Bronco heads are bound to be as much as or more of list makers than I am.

knack

Contributor
Winch
Mosquito repellant
Axe
Hi-Lift jack
Ham sandwich
Water

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
CB radio
GPS helps
Extra Serp Belt
ATF
Rope/Straps
Come Along

spixican07

Loc.
Houston
Strap / chain
Food and drink
hi lift jack
flashlight
change of clothes
type F fluid
girlfriend/fiance/wife

All of these are from experiences when I didn't have them, and wished I did. ;D

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Make sure you always have a camera...If nothing else, we love pictures...and words just don't cut it when you tell us how stuck you or they were and what it took to get em out...Cheapo disposable in foil wrapper...

airman

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I would always have tools to remove wheels, brakes, spindles, starters,and belts. I would have 4 ft or 3/4 heater hose, hose clamps, extra starter solenoid, rope, shovel, blanket, bucket, all fluids, spare axles, belts, big can of dinty moore, can opener, knife, beer, powdered drink, axe, high lift, recovery strap, bottle jack, hank williams jr greatests hits, gloves, rags, air compressor, bug spray, beer koozies, extra shirt, small grill grate for meat, fire, Baby wipes.

cro_bronco

Loc.
Hamilton, MI
Don't forget the treesaver strap, a couple shackles, some misc. plug wires, a coil, spark plugs, Permatex, gasket material, brain box, cap & rotor and misc. fasteners.

scsm76

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Shaver Lake, CA
If you have a copper radiator carry a minitorch and some solder. A can of either is always good for resetting tires on the bead.

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
A stacked and willing female, you'd hate to get stranded without one!!!

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I like to take my brother along. He is one of the most resourecful people I know! I try to carry:
Parts: Alternator belt, duct tape, hose clamps, fuel filter, elect fuel pump, duraspark module, elect wire, butt splices, spare tire, tie wraps, tire plugs, fix-a-flat, old plug wires.
Tools: flashlight, tow strap, cable come-a-long, shovel, tire wrench, scissor jack, axle tools, 1/2" & 3/4" socket sets, end wrenches, screw drivers, pliers, vice grips.
Personal: survival food, water, first aid kit, lighter, flashlight, coveralls, rope, tarp, TP, 357 magnum & ammo.

DRBRONCO69

Chicago Mike
Loc.
Chicago, Illinois
Add ons- to everything above mentioned;D

Antifreeze, Oil, can of brake cleaner to dry distributor cap, duct tape, spare drive shafts and front axle shafts, ratchet strap, spark plugs, gas can with a gallon of fuel, fix a flat, small roll of wire and crimps and connectors, cheapo coleman rain poncho, Shop rags or paper towels, zip ties, jumper box.

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
Good grief, where in the heck do you put all of this stuff????

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've got a midsize P/U toolbox mounted to mine, storage for just about everything. No room for a back seat till it gets stretched