• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Velocity Restorations Green 1969 SEMA Build

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Lucky duck... :D

Lowest point on the front arms measures 9" clearance at right height with 32-33" tires on the chassis near the Ford booth.

Haven't found the actual truck yet.

Todd Z.

Tiko433

Contributor
I know just enough to be dangerous
Loc.
South West Florida
Really nice! Incredible job on the Mods but they did not stray too far like some I have seen lately .

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Lowest point on the front arms measures 9" clearance at right height with 32-33" tires on the chassis near the Ford booth.

Haven't found the actual truck yet.

Todd Z.

let us know if you find it, my buddy is there and has not seen it either

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Really like the one piece windows and the flush hard top glass and windshield for this build.

I don't see the piece in the window on the first pic in the thread. is that there own kit to eliminate the vent glass?

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Apparently its been outside at the Hot Rod Industry Alliance booth

thanks, my friend could not find it and he asked me for a booth number. evidently the show is that big. they have been there all week.

OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
It is outside where all the HRIA cars are located behind the chip foose trailer. Out by the road on corner of paradise and convention in front of North hall.

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
i think my friend said it was 2 million square feet of space

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Still not enough room for the 160,000 people.
Phone said I walked 20 miles in 48 hours. And that included sleeping twice.

Agreed, too many people for that space. The show has spread into all of the parking lots and just about every space is used in the LV Convention center. The corridors between the booths seemed to be packed every day but Friday.

And it has become more of a "Show" and not what it was intended to be back in the day. An opportunity for people in the industry to meet and network. A lot of the folks in booths we talked to complained about the cost to come to and be at SEMA.

But it was estimated on the local news that the Show dumps 314 million dollars into the Las Vegas economy during SEMA week. Who knows what the SEMA organization is generating. With that success I do not see any changes coming, I would expect it to be just as big next year.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
About 15 years ago Warn decided to only go every other or every three years because of the expense. They got howls of protest from lots of corners and knuckled under for the complainers.
Not sure if it was customers, or organizers, but if the latter I bet they simply threatened to put them in the back hall somewhere by the bathrooms and security booth.

Too bad too. I would have liked to see them start a trend. The smaller companies find it really hard to justify the expenses.

Paul

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
This was my 20th year at the show and the only time I've ever seen it decrease in attendance was in the lean recession years ~2009-2011, then it picked up again. The aisles in the Central Hall were packed as usual but that seems to have been the case for the past 5-6 years. I bump into people but I just deal with it.

I googled when the South Hall was built today and it said 2002 - it's hard to remember when everything was crammed into the Central and North Halls with a few tents outside where the Ford track is located now.

Tim - you beat me on mileage. Last year, I did 18 miles over 1.5 days and this year I only did 13 but half of that was with a heavy pack on my back and a bag with probably 30-35 lb. of magazines and catalogs.

I've always been more interested in parts than the cars on display.

Todd Z.