• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Vertical half cab bulkhead?

Stevenb

Loc.
Spokane, WA
Has anyone ever built of found a vertical and not angled half cab bulkhead? I want to get one and thought I’d search before I build one. I really want the space behind the seats. Thanks for the help!

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Gonna keep a close eye on this one. I agree, the angled bulkhead doesn't make sense space wise

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I don't have any better pictures than what I've added below, but this '73 had a custom sliding window in the factory half cab along with a vertical bulkhead. The bulkhead touched the front edge of the rear wheel wells. By making it vertical, there was around a foot of cargo room behind the seats where the guy I bought the Bronco from had speaker boxes. Without the speaker boxes, you might have been able to squeeze a bag of golf clubs back there. It wasn't a ton of room, but clearly more than the stock angled bulkhead.

I sold this Bronco probably a decade ago now, so can't get any further pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_3931.JPG
    IMG_3931.JPG
    163.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3932.JPG
    IMG_3932.JPG
    177.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3413.JPG
    IMG_3413.JPG
    168.9 KB · Views: 32