• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Virginia Beach Meet and Greet, 4/4/09, Photos

4x4x289

Virginia Beach, Tidewater Area, Classic Broncos Meet and Greet
Saturday, 4/4/09, 4 pm to 8 pm

At
Parking lot in front of Jenro's Coffee House
Haygood Shopping Center
1085 Independence Blvd
Virginia Beach, VA 23455

I contacted several local Classic Bronco enthusiasts. This meeting seems long overdue.

Jenro’s will be a great first meeting place. Search “Haygood Shopping Center” and "Saturday Night Fever" on Google and you will see why.

Thanks to Dave, a member of the local Tidewater Fourwheelers, who will be bringing a “RTI” ramp for those wanting to flex their steel. Jenro's will be roping off a space for it.

Everyone welcome.

The Story behind the Raffle:

After announcing this event, I proudly drove out to Windsor, Virginia to personally invite Henry Cecil Eley Jr to attend. Cecil was the owner/operator of “‘66-77 Bronco Parts and Sales of Windsor, Virginia.” He retired in the Mid/Early ‘90s and closed his business for good. He loved 66-77 Broncos, he quickly understood that I did too, and he even preached to me sincerely, in apostolic manner, that I should consider purchasing his business. My experience with Cecil was brief, I hadn’t seen him in over 15 years, I couldn’t remember his first name, but Cecil left an positive impression on me. I couldn't wait to tell him. I knew he would be excited.

Cecil passed away two months prior, at age 71, 12/23/08. His online obituary can be found at http://www.tidewaternews.com/obits/2008/dec/26/henry-eley-jr/

I spoke to Cecil’s wife, discussed it with her, and fitting, our 4/4/09 Tidewater Broncos raffle will be held in Cecil’s name, with all proceeds being donated, -half to his minor daughter, and half to the American Cancer Society. Hopefully this event will re-occur annually, with all proceeds donated in Cecil’s name. Can't see it any other way.

If "Tidewater Broncos" needs a logo, then look no further than Cecil's catalog cover. I will post it here. Give me a few days.

All apparel, products, items, etc. will be raffled off. Anyone walking the lot can purchase tickets, -even the hot rodders.

Bronco Magazines, catalogs, stickers, etc., will be handed out to those that sign up for “Tidewater Broncos” while supplies last. There is no fee to sign up. The main purpose for signing up is to guarentee your invitation to next year’s event (because I will not spend nearly as much time finding you.), and to share your name and email address with other members, to be included in the network of Bronco owners for parts, help, etc.

If your decision to come, or not, is based on the items being raffled, then don't come. This event is about seeing Broncos, and meeting Bronco owners! Lots of Good behind the raffle so bring cash!

I can’t wait!

Scott
fiasco5@aol.com

Update 4/5/09

The turnout was great, -roughly 25 classic Broncos. I say “roughly” because keeping track of them was difficult. We steadily jockeyed for our parking section, and some Broncos departed early and some arrived late. Mike, you did a great job with taking the photos and making them available so fast! Over 200 photos of this event are available on photobucket at, http://s667.photobucket.com/albums/...=slideshow&track=share_email_album_view_click
Scott

Attachments

• IMG_0973Stitch.jpeg
    IMG_0973Stitch.jpeg
    91.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0973.jpeg
    IMG_0973.jpeg
    151.7 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0974.jpeg
    IMG_0974.jpeg
    151.8 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0975.jpeg
    IMG_0975.jpeg
    125.7 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0976.jpeg
    IMG_0976.jpeg
    127.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0977.jpeg
    IMG_0977.jpeg
    130.6 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0978.jpeg
    IMG_0978.jpeg
    139.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0979.jpeg
    IMG_0979.jpeg
    129.9 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
OOHH! I think that's awesome...keep us posted. Sounds Sandra and I have found our first east coast event! cant say mainland as we did do SOB...

:)

Bronco Biff

Contributor
Calender is marked!! I've been trying to get over there for years just to check out the cars. I hear there are some sweet machines that cruise in there.

CORE4WD

Loc.
Virginia Beach
I'll be there, dragging the RTI ramp along! The rods used to be better (IMO) back in the eighties when ricers weren't the thing. It was just musclecars and street rods...;D

Dave

silent g

I'll be there!!!

I'll make sure that my primer black paint job is looking especially flat that day.
;)
Looking forward to it!

Steve
'74 Bronc'

OP
OP
4x4x289

4x4x289

Amazing. I am have been in contact with 20 people locally that are likely to attend this event, but only 4 have responded to this post. I never expected this. My priority will be to pass information during this event, including information about this site, MEB, Bronco Driver, and our local Tidewater Fourwheelers.

CORE4WD

Loc.
Virginia Beach
Amazing. I am have been in contact with 20 people locally that are likely to attend this event, but only 4 have responded to this post. I never expected this. My priority will be to pass information during this event, including information about this site, MEB, Bronco Driver, and our local Tidewater Fourwheelers.

I'll be putting out the info at the Tidewater Fourwheelers meeting tonight. I think there is only one other EB (besides Billy and me) in the club, not local either.

http://t4w.proboards10.com/index.cgi

Dave

Bronco Biff

Contributor
I'll make sure that my primer black paint job is looking especially flat that day.
;)
Looking forward to it!

Steve
'74 Bronc'

Glad to see your first post was on this thread! It's looking like we are going to have a really good turnout......there are some lurkers out there that are seeing this, but as Scott (4x4x289) says, the cat has got their keyboard!! Talked to a non-computer using longtime EB buddy last night (while he was going to look at a '76 in Chesapeake) that is going to be bringing his 500+ cubic inch EB.

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru

Scott - we met at Hooters last month. A couple of us from Northern VA are hoping to come, will firm up the plans and let you know soon. Gary (Scoop) posted a message with the info on the MEB mailing list as well. I should have my street rig ready to roll by then, with the new crate engine and EFI.

Judy

JIMS74

Loc.
PORTSMOUTH, VA.
Biff, I can not help but feel your last post was directed at me a longtime lurker. I will be there come hell or high water, would not miss a chance to see some sweet trucks and get inspired to get in the garage, and get mine back together. I was wondering if you had called bud or not, I would like to see truck again 900 hp and all. I was going to try and finish painting the frame today, but it is a little windy.

OP
OP
4x4x289

4x4x289

Biff, I can not help but feel your last post was directed at me a longtime lurker. I will be there come hell or high water, would not miss a chance to see some sweet trucks and get inspired to get in the garage, and get mine back together. I was wondering if you had called bud or not, I would like to see truck again 900 hp and all. I was going to try and finish painting the frame today, but it is a little windy.

OIMG, there is dust flying off of Jim's keyboard! Jim, are you using a sledge hammer or something! I see your dust cloud from 20 miles away! ;D

And here we go, -another Post #1. GD, see! I think the Navy's radar jamming systems are affecting the operation of local classic bronco owner's computers. Where the h#ll is Paul Revere when you need him. He drove a bronco didn't he????

JIm, FYI, Biff, Nutsplitter, and I visited Mike today at Eastern Offroad and we knelt and kissed his '66 high school sweetheart. Sweet babe. Mike is roughly 50% complete with her frame off restoration, and he's in, and completing her in time for this meet is a challenge. He also knows Troy, who' in, and a great guy. He also knows a few other bronco owners due to him being the local off road vender/supplier/builder KING.

I'm going to pay a visit to the Cummins guy this weekend and invite him as well. Awesome rig.

Also, Biff contacted a stroked 460 guy who says he's in.

And BroncoBilly and Dave are in with D60 conversions, with thier weakest link being your Achilles tendon.

I might need to take a valium before looking at all these.

Scott

OP
OP
4x4x289

4x4x289

OH, and Jim, and Nutbuster, get them done. My 10,000 lb sh#t hauler is reserved for hauling your rigs, if needed, even if I must steal them, and it is labeled. I recommend you drive them. Call a garage meeting if neccessary to get 'em done. Redneck currency works. They don't need to look pretty. Like all women, each has thier own attractive attribute. We want to display and see them.

Bronco Biff

Contributor

Damit, Jim!! ...........;D It's about time! And this makes post 100 for me..........Now, it's off to the garage for a little quiet time with an angle grinder!!!

Bronco Biff

Contributor
Scott - we met at Hooters last month. A couple of us from Northern VA are hoping to come, will firm up the plans and let you know soon. Gary (Scoop) posted a message with the info on the MEB mailing list as well. I should have my street rig ready to roll by then, with the new crate engine and EFI.

Judy

Yeah, Judy!! You guys come on down if you can!!

CORE4WD

Loc.
Virginia Beach
Received my Extreme Fabrication (Complete Off Road) family cage yesterday. Harnesses come in today, seats next week. Now to add my tubing for rear seats, dash bar, frame tie-ins etc. Oh yea then pull it all out, paint it and the bronco. It's all coming together.....finally!

Dave

TM Toys

Loc.
Barboursville , VA
sounds like the place to be.. Let me see if I can get Jeff to tag along.. Judy and NOVA group keep me posted, I would like to join in on this road trip ...
Tony !! :cool:

wantone

I'll be there!!!

Hey Guys,

I haven't met any of you face to face, but I'm looking forward to it. I've been looking for a Bronco for years, and just got it last month. It's undergoing some major disassembly right now, so I won't be able to bring it with me. Can't wait to see all the Broncos for inspiration and ideas.

I do need some parts for a '69 302 if anyone has some to get rid of...

Stock Rear Leaf Springs
Rear Quarter Cutouts (trying to go uncut)
Stock Rims and Hub Caps
Radiator
Radiator Overflow Tank
Body Mount Bushings

Just let me know if anyone has anything they're selling

See ya there,
Mike

OP
OP
4x4x289

4x4x289

I visited our local 6bt Cummins owner today. Very cool. The 6bt fits like a glove. Should see him on 4/4/09. See him now at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-i7lYZAdWE

On a sad note, I drove out to Windsor, VA today attempting to invite the old retired owner of the 66-77 Bronco parts house of Windsor, VA. I couldn't remember his name, and his home didn't look the same as I remembered it, so I inquired at the motorcycle shop next to his old shop. I found that his name was Cecil, and sadly, he passed away last December. Cecil was a pioneer in the 66-77 Bronco parts supply business. Some of you may remember his small advertisement always in the back of Off Road and Four Wheeler magazine. The advertisement stated "Windsor Broncos" or something to that affect. He retired and closed his business in the early/mid 90's. At that time, he actually offered to sell his remaining parts to me, but I had zero money

Scott