• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Virginia Beach Meet and Greet, 4/4/09, Photos

JIMS74

Loc.
PORTSMOUTH, VA.
Scott, you are going all out on this event. Should be a great turn out. That is sad news. I remember, Cecil was a great guy to do business with, bought alot of parts from him when, I built mine the first time in 92. I often wondered what had happened to all those parts he had. I might even have one of his old catalogs stashed away. I have got all my new suspension stuff welded to the frame got the frame painted, and about ready to start bolting stuff back on it. third times a charm.
JIM

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
sounds like the place to be.. Let me see if I can get Jeff to tag along.. Judy and NOVA group keep me posted, I would like to join in on this road trip ...
Tony !! :cool:

Will do Tony. I'm have to decide whether to stay in the VA Beach area overnight and drive home on Sunday or go home late Saturday night.

OP
OP
4x4x289

4x4x289

Hi Judy and Tony, and others traveling,
4/4 is off-season for Virginia Beach so you can probably find a good deal at a hotel on the ocean front. Virginia Beach is a safe area but if you are towing and still feel uneasy about parking your tow vehicle, trailer, and/or Bronco in public, I'm sure us locals can arrange a safe place for parking. Contact me via email if you need help.

Jim,
About Cecil, yes, sad. I was excited when driving out to Windsor to invite him. I'm sure he would have enjoyed it.

Dave,
I like COR cages! I have one and I posted my mods to it on this site.

Scott

silent g

Heading to kinko's...

Scott- Thanks for shooting out that flyer for the M&G. Looks great!!

Cheers, Steve

OP
OP
4x4x289

4x4x289

Scott- Thanks for shooting out that flyer for the M&G. Looks great!!

Cheers, Steve

Cool. Thanks.

We are approaching 30 now. I'm waiting on confirmation from most.
17 on email distribution
2 from Deep Creek
1 from Monks.
Biff's friend with a stroked 460
Mike from Eastern
Cecil's wife.
Raymonds neighber
3 traveling from MEB, or more
I passed out 3 flyers to individuals today (including a nice one on Indian Creek Road! Who's is it?)

Scott

JIMS74

Loc.
PORTSMOUTH, VA.
Scott, I E-mailed a LT. in the navy I met while my office was on the hanger bay of the CVN-73. he is currently assigned to the CVN-65, but still has a 757 area code. Nice Guy ! Knew alot about broncos had sold his but said he like to get another soon. Saw some pictures of his truck should be sorry he sold it. I gave him this site address and thread name, or told him to contact me at work. Hope he responnds.
JIM

OP
OP
4x4x289

4x4x289

Scott, I E-mailed a LT. in the navy I met while my office was on the hanger bay of the CVN-73. he is currently assigned to the CVN-65, but still has a 757 area code. Nice Guy ! Knew alot about broncos had sold his but said he like to get another soon. Saw some pictures of his truck should be sorry he sold it. I gave him this site address and thread name, or told him to contact me at work. Hope he responnds.
JIM

Cool. Does the CVN-65 have a cigar lighter?

wantone

Passed out a flyer

Hey guys,

I left a flyer at a house w/ a white bronco. Its over near Little Neck and Virginia Beach Blvd. If it belongs to someone here, let me know, I live right down the road.

OP
OP
4x4x289

4x4x289

Hey guys,

I left a flyer at a house w/ a white bronco. Its over near Little Neck and Virginia Beach Blvd. If it belongs to someone here, let me know, I live right down the road.

"Evil Betty" ;D The owner emailed me. I responded and included you on distribution.

Also met a "Ken" last Sunday working on a 69 frame off resto. Chassis is nearly complete, and spotless. Ken, show us some pictures!

Bronco Biff

Contributor
I hit up the FSB crew with pretty good response.

I had a failure with my '73, I HOPE I can get it fixed before the M&G. Brand spanking new (about 20 yrs ago!!) low milage heater hose blew whilst givin' it a little twist to squeeze the bad carbon out. The peanut gallery ridin' shotgun (oldest daughter) commented as the cloud of steam passed by at the next stop light, "Ayup, that's what ya get!" Should have made her walk the rest of the way.......%)

BRONC-OH

Loc.
Wintergreen, Va.
Hey Guys,
I'm new to the forum and just joined (10 min ago) to get some helpfull hints and tips on my 72 EB. I'm actualy from the tidewater area but live in wintergreen now. I would love to come to this meet & greet to get to know other bronco crazy people like myself and maybe pick some peoples brains. Hope to see you all there. This should be fun.

Bronco Biff

Contributor
Hey!! Welcome aboard! Come on (back) down for the M&G!

I got a call today from Bud in Newport News with the yellow big block '74. He said it was looking like he would have his '78 Project done and ready for a debut. And he is ready for another wheeling day with the '77. (had the 'Zuki at Crozet for the MEB Invitational)

JIMS74

Loc.
PORTSMOUTH, VA.
Biff, It looks like you have got the local fullsize bronco crew stirring with your post on thier site. Looks like 12 or so fullsize broncos are planning on being there. I have seen some of thier broncos, some nice rigs around here. Should be a good showing and a good time for all.
Jim

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Looks like I'll be able to make it. My daughter lives in Hampton and this is a good excuse to go see her!

See you guys there! ;D

Bronco Biff

Contributor
Good deal, Gary!! Jim, are you bringing your fullsize, too? It's a M&G veteran!!

I'd like to mention for anyone traveling and into camping there is a fantastic State Park not far from Jenro's. First Landing State Park is right on the Chesapeake Bay, right around the corner from the Atlantic. For Active or Retired Military, there is a Campground and value priced lodging availible directly down Independence Blvd at Little Creek Amphibious Base.

JIMS74

Loc.
PORTSMOUTH, VA.
Biff, I will be driving the 95 fullsize. The 74 will be a rolling chassis again, but still a long way from having the body back on the frame. I just finished ordering the hoses and fittings needed to finish running the brake lines and plumb the BCB hyroboost. I am headed out to the garage for some sand blasting and parts cleaning fun. woohoo!!!!
JIM

OP
OP
4x4x289

4x4x289

Good deal, Gary!! Jim, are you bringing your fullsize, too? It's a M&G veteran!!

I'd like to mention for anyone traveling and into camping there is a fantastic State Park not far from Jenro's. First Landing State Park is right on the Chesapeake Bay, right around the corner from the Atlantic. For Active or Retired Military, there is a Campground and value priced lodging availible directly down Independence Blvd at Little Creek Amphibious Base.

Biff. Got Trailer? Summit sent me an 8ft wide poster. ;D

Bronco Biff

Contributor
Sweeeeet!! Will pack the trailer..........

Helped Jim74 stretch in his rear springs last night......Lookin' good, Jim!!!

ugly_od_eb

Loc.
Moyock, NC
HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!! i didnt kno there was a EB club in the area i will be there deff. Dunno where that coffee shop is tho ?:?

OP
OP
4x4x289

4x4x289

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!! i didnt kno there was a EB club in the area i will be there deff. Dunno where that coffee shop is tho ?:?

This club will be official on 4/4. Full figured girls invited too.

Funny stuff isn't it. This meet and greet is long over due. I'm currently carrying 15 classic bronco owners on email distribution who live in the Tidewater area. I gathered all of them in 45 days. I've got roughly 10 more on my list. All seem to be great people. Most don't post here. Some appear shy. Some in the military. Most don't know each other. It's like we are living in our own Holler.

Send me an email at fiasco5@aol.com and I'll hook you up to the email distribution, and please inform your Bronco buddies.

Scott