• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Vortech Supercharger

doran4x

Contributor
With your Powerdyne setup you have the alternator on the opposite side from the sc. On my engine the alternator sits below the sc and I have an A/C compressor on the top side opposite. I was able to install the alternator by modifying the sc mount bracket.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
In looking at the pics you posted more closely, I can see now that the actual interference with the fenderwell looks like it was not that much....the size of the "notch" you cut out made it seem larger to me.

What boost range are you expecting?

OP
OP
57baja

57baja

Contributor
In looking at the pics you posted more closely, I can see now that the actual interference with the fenderwell looks like it was not that much....the size of the "notch" you cut out made it seem larger to me.

What boost range are you expecting?

I have the high output set up I think around 8-10 psi. I notice on your picture the s/c runs on the crank pulley with no extra pulley attached. The bracket on yours also looks a lot different. A lot more room for sure.

OP
OP
57baja

57baja

Contributor
No filter between the breather and the inlet pipe. It might not be a bad idea though.

You will hear me coming at Fab Fords ;D

Tom

When is fab fords? Is that the big show at knottsberry farm?

OP
OP
57baja

57baja

Contributor
I am almost done with the install. I had to notch the frame to clear the bracket and alternator. Also I have to remove some wheel well sheet metal. I still need some air inlet tubing and silicone connectors for the maf. It is not so pretty now but after I get it running I'll try to make it look better. I am running Trick Flow heads, stage 1 cam, and street heat intake. Also a 85mm maf, 75mm tb, 42lb injectors, pms tuner, 1 5/8 shorty headers w/ 2 1/2 exhaust into magnaflow 2 into 1 muffler. The Vortech is a V3si trim high output. I am taking it to Mustang Ranch in San Jose to get tuned as soon as I get it going.

I finally got it started. The sound is kinda lousy all you hear is the fan. The fan reminds me of a 280z accelleratinghttp://youtu.be/SHRYeWK7hic

doran4x

Contributor
Looks and sounds good. I just started mine back up after an issue with coolant in the combustion chambers. I would read up on wrapping the headers. What I have seen is that the wrap will cause the pipes to rot from the excess heat that is trapped and not allowed to dissipate.

What size injectors are you using?

doran4x

Contributor
Oh yeah, if you get desperate you can use that hose for a beer bong.:)

OP
OP
57baja

57baja

Contributor
Looks and sounds good. I just started mine back up after an issue with coolant in the combustion chambers. I would read up on wrapping the headers. What I have seen is that the wrap will cause the pipes to rot from the excess heat that is trapped and not allowed to dissipate.

What size injectors are you using?

I never heard any bad things about header wrap but you might be right on that. My headers are jet hot coated so I am not worried about rotting. I have 42 lb injectors and am going to tune it with a PMS handheld system from Anderson Ford Motorsports. It seems to be a little rich but I need to fix my brakes to test drive and be able to play with the computer.

doran4x

Contributor
It is definitely going to run rich. Mine was so far off when I took it in for tuning. The tune will make a big difference in power.

OP
OP
57baja

57baja

Contributor
It is definitely going to run rich. Mine was so far off when I took it in for tuning. The tune will make a big difference in power.

I have a LC-1 wideband to hook up so I will be able to read a/f ratio and can make adjustments with the tuner. It has cables to attach to a laptop and software so you can see what is exactly going on with the a/f ratios besides having the guage to look at. If I mess up with tuning I can always erase and start fresh. My problem is I get all excited, work on the bronco 3 weekends in a row then get bummed out from not driving it then it sits for a month and I get sidetracked on other stuff. In the meantime my mind says put it back to stock and drive, take off all performance parts and save them for a foxbody? Then I think of selling it because I have had it 9 years and only drove it about 1500 miles. I think I have ADD pretty bad and can not stay focused. Ok I feel better now.

doran4x

Contributor
I have had mine 34 years and I'm still working on it. Last three years it has been a trial. Started it today and I have s coolant leak in the left side now. Didn't have that last week. Very frustrating. But I won't stop trying to finish.

doran4x

Contributor
How is the truck running now? Mine runs well except I need to change to a mechanical fan to improve cooling.

Tom

rodez

Loc.
somerton-yuma
Tom, is this on a Carb engine? looks awesome, i want to do that to my bronco too.

Install looks great. I just finished a Vortech V-1 in my truck. I used an Anderson power pipe that I took about 3 inches out of and located the maf and filter in the lower corner behind the grill. What fan are you using? I have 5.0 block with Ford SVO aluminum heads and GT40 tubular intake. I have not had it tuned yet so the advance is not set correctly but it runs like a bat out of hell.

Make sure you route the crankcase breather hose from the oil fill tube to a point before the supercharger in the intake pipe. Seal off the nipple at the throttle body.

Tom

OP
OP
57baja

57baja

Contributor
vortech update

I am doing some big changes. I removed the line x and got to bare metal. I am going to try and build a pre runner style rear suspension, new cage, and re paint it orange. I also might go from 5 speed back to c4. I am also doing a 331 with the vortech.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 51