• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

TorqStormnkw has a supercharger for Explorer 5.0 serpentine

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
FYI there is now a supercharger for Explorer serpentine. I talked to them today.

I am excited to try it when I get to that point....

One of yall with a better budget get one and report back.

Attachments

• 149294661.jpg
    149294661.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 85
  • Screenshot_20240324_201231_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_201231_Chrome.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 85

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Where does the alternator fit in? Need pictures of the complete accessory drive before it gets exciting.
FYI, years ago Explorer Express offered a roots blower kit for the 5.0 Explorer accessory drive. Could not run with a distributor, the snout went through the distributor area. That was before we figured out how to swap in the Explorer harness and computer. So there market was limited to just Explorers.

OP
OP
rjrobin2002

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Where does the alternator fit in? Need pictures of the complete accessory drive before it gets exciting.
FYI, years ago Explorer Express offered a roots blower kit for the 5.0 Explorer accessory drive. Could not run with a distributor, the snout went through the distributor area. That was before we figured out how to swap in the Explorer harness and computer. So there market was limited to just Explorers.
It lowers the Alt I am 99% positive.

OP
OP
rjrobin2002

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Motortrend dynoed a 5.0 with good heads, cam and intake.
Pre torqstorm was 400hp, post was 620hp!!!

Attachments

• 149294649.jpg
    149294649.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 149294661.jpg
    149294661.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 40

jamesroney

Contributor
Loc.
Fremont, CA
FYI there is now a supercharger for Explorer serpentine. I talked to them today.

I am excited to try it when I get to that point....

One of yall with a better budget get one and report back.
Where's the Explorer one? The one in the pic has a distributor, and has nothing to do with Explorer. I checked their website, and couldn't find any other SBF kit.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
And then, of course, there is fitting it under the hood of a Bronco. Might be plenty of room in a full size, but it’s gonna be a tight fit for anyone on this forum.
Loved my supercharged Buick V6. Great powerband and pulled like a tractor from idle. But I think I’ll stick to low profile stuff in the Bronco for now and be happy with the power I have.

OP
OP
rjrobin2002

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Where's the Explorer one? The one in the pic has a distributor, and has nothing to do with Explorer. I checked their website, and couldn't find any other SBF kit.
That's just a general picture of it.

I talked to their tech guy yesterday and he said it's available now.

OP
OP
rjrobin2002

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I am getting details on the Alternator

Attachments

• SBF EXP (1).jpg
    SBF EXP (1).jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 52

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It’s actually a pretty slick looking setup. But I still question whether it will fit under the hood of a bronco.
Looks like you’d have to relocate the battery, cut a hole in the wheel well, and still have hood clearance issues.
Not that any of those are insurmountable, and lots of modifications have been done to Broncos over the years to fit stuff. But it will limit your information base. And probably require you to be the guinea pig after all! :)

OP
OP
rjrobin2002

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It’s actually a pretty slick looking setup. But I still question whether it will fit under the hood of a bronco.
Looks like you’d have to relocate the battery, cut a hole in the wheel well, and still have hood clearance issues.
Not that any of those are insurmountable, and lots of modifications have been done to Broncos over the years to fit stuff. But it will limit your information base. And probably require you to be the guinea pig after all! :)
I have room in this engine bay on my f100....

Attachments

• 20240326_192049.jpg
    20240326_192049.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 40
OP
OP
rjrobin2002

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Deep into the sickness is the key phrase here! :) And Bronco or not, I can’t wait to see it under the hood of that truck!

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
And then, of course, there is fitting it under the hood of a Bronco. Might be plenty of room in a full size, but it’s gonna be a tight fit for anyone on this forum.
Loved my supercharged Buick V6. Great powerband and pulled like a tractor from idle. But I think I’ll stick to low profile stuff in the Bronco for now and be happy with the power I have.
WHHHHAAAAAAT, happy with what ya got?? :) Where's the fun in that Paul?? lol

As you know mine is under the knife again. :)

nvrstuk

Contributor
If your at the point of having a 5-600hp supercharged Bronco, there is a 99% chance your are deep enough into the sickness to do a slight frame notch at a non crucial area of the frame horn, LOL
For more power that kinda stuff is expected! I'm definitely interested but need to look at compression #'s.

OP
OP
rjrobin2002

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
For more power that kinda stuff is expected! I'm definitely interested but need to look at compression #'s.
I am curious if high flow heads, new cam and intakes are a must to get real gains.

Or if gt-40 heads, upper, and lower flow enough???

nvrstuk

Contributor
Usually you need to be able to use the extra air fuel mixture that is introduced with a blower and without raising your compression ratio too high for today's low octane fuels.

usually larger, CC & better flowing heads are a must for real horse power gains but I haven't seen what they have done on their test stand & build. Cam always develops largest numbers but you are pressurizing it thru the valves so real gains are seen w/o custom blower cam. Always helps and for advertising they "always" want the biggest #'s for impact.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
The better an engine breaths naturally asperated, the better it will make power with boost.
Bad airflow will make higher boost and less power. Good flow will make more power with less boost.
Boost also makes hot air, which is bad for making power.