• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Was the Eyebrow grill bound to year or Vin numbers?

Geiri

Loc.
Iceland
So this is my 1966 with an Eyebrowgrill. I drive it daily here in Iceland. Although the exterior is rough, it's has lot's of new parts
Question is was the Eyebrowgrill only manufactured in 1965? and is it bound to some Vin numbers only?

FRONT-END-n.jpg

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
They where original to the release of the first Broncos produced. It was dropped during the fall of 1966, So only early production models had this grill.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
From what myself and others have concluded over the years, the eyebrows stopped sometime in November of 65'. That said, I've seen two 12/65' builds that had eyebrows that I know had original paint......that said, we all know that Ford was notorious for "finding and adding" parts until they were used up, often making us scratch our heads lol.

Sendero

Contributor
Sr. Jr. Member
I have a November U13 and it does not have an eyebrow grill. I was told October was the last month.