• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

water 4 gas anyone done it yet

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
I drove a KW all over the US(Yawn) and it had a hydrogen generator on it(Yawn), I kept very thorough fuel records( Yawn) , it got the same fuel mileage(Yawn) with it on or off ( yawn) and did NOT pull any better( Yawn)

but all the education in the world will not keep people from buying these stupid ass gimmicks. BUT hell I went to public school and some Community College, so I would not know nuthin( Yawn)

flousberg

I drove a KW all over the US(Yawn) and it had a hydrogen generator on it(Yawn), I kept very thorough fuel records( Yawn) , it got the same fuel mileage(Yawn) with it on or off ( yawn) and did NOT pull any better( Yawn)

but all the education in the world will not keep people from buying these stupid ass gimmicks. BUT hell I went to public school and some Community College, so I would not know nuthin( Yawn)

My point was it just takes a little common sense.

Bronchole

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chatsworth, Ca (LA)
I'm thinking that some of these people that claim better gas millage are actually getting some, I am just concerend that they are getting it by means other than supplementing their fuel supply with the HHO fuel. The biggest concern is that they are leaning out the fuel mixture to achieve some of this benifit.... at the cost of their motors life!

EB Passed down

Loc.
Jacksonville
a friend at work tried his hand at building this hydrogen unit. it did bubble and the gas was explosive. it was on a jeep with a 4.7L in it. from what i've heard you're not actually sepparating the hydrogen from the water but removing 1 oxygen atom, which as a gas is also explosive. the bound between hydrogen and oxygen is too strong to separate completly, at least for shade tree guys. also worth noting his economy gauge ( tells current fuel mileage ) didn't change over the course of 100 miles of expirament. cool idea though.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
a friend at work tried his hand at building this hydrogen unit. it did bubble and the gas was explosive. it was on a jeep with a 4.7L in it. from what i've heard you're not actually sepparating the hydrogen from the water but removing 1 oxygen atom, which as a gas is also explosive. the bound between hydrogen and oxygen is too strong to separate completly, at least for shade tree guys. also worth noting his economy gauge ( tells current fuel mileage ) didn't change over the course of 100 miles of expirament. cool idea though.

Most water molecules have 2 hydrogen atoms and 1 oxygen atom. If you just "remove 1 oxygen atom", then you have released all the hydrogen and oxygen from that molecule.

This whole idea is still a scam though and I can't believe we're still discussing it. I'm done too.

Dave

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Beer 4 Gas

I'm gittin one of these!

Most beer molecules are made up of 1 drunk atom, 3 belly fat atoms, 5 fart atoms, 8 burp atoms, and about a billion P atoms.

40-mr_fusion.jpg

mr-fusion.jpg

I'm done too!

Last edited:

tasthree

Loc.
western NC
I talked to a guy at a small fleamarket last weekend that had a homemade system set up there.He claims getting more power and upwards of 125-150 more miles per tankfull.After a while of talking to him another fella joined the discussion.He said his son was running a homemad unit and said he noticed a improvement in power and MPG.I listened in on their discussion about differances in their designs and materials used.I am going to try to remain open minded about this and am going to do some more reasearsh on it and may try to make a system myself.I recieved some similar remarks about running used veggie oil in my diesel Scout and wifes 300D Mercedes.Which I am and have been running a blend of at least 50 percent or more for over a year now.I'll try anything within reason to cut my fuel cost and do my part considering our current energy situation.Sean.What have you come up with and whats your veiw point now.

tasthree

Loc.
western NC
Did some searching this afternoon.Found some interesting places.I don't know how to link them but maybe someone could do it for me.One place is H2earth Institute.The second is Panacea University.Scroll down to the courses.Click on the Hydroxy Booster Technology(PDF).Its 233 pages full of eye crossing info.After reading the info on these sites and links from them I'm more than convinced that this is a possibility and am going to try to build something correctly with some wheeling buddies.If only part of this info was true then some (maybe a lot)people should be hung for treason and immoral issues.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Its not perpetual motion if its using "waste current" alreasy available from your alternator output. I am skeptical of some of the gains that have been reported, but it probably does something to contribute to the combustion process...you can read the reasoning I and others mentioned in previous pages. Give it a shot. Its not a difficult device to put together, but some safeguards would need to be adapted if you were going to wheel the truck with one of these setups installed. Also, keep in mind that electrolysis is a process that requires "consumables"...meaning your electrolyte and possibly the electrodes will eventually need to be replaced. Let us know. Sounds like a fun side project for a lawn mower.

tasthree

Loc.
western NC
Found another good site at Free Energy.com chapte 10 vehicle systems.Its like anything out there,To many hackers giving anything a bad impression.Man them Broncos don't 4wheel worth a sh*t do they.Well how well is it built or tuned,what skill level dose the driver have,his tires are bald.Do it right and results will show.In my search I'v also found that the water for gas Hydroxy booster system is not one of the better designs.It supposidly has a low output.Not one I would spend my time or money building.I May try a form of a Smack booster.For got to add .For wheeling its going to be tougher design to figure out.The first ones I build will go on the DD and the tow truck.

pinenuts

Loc.
Hereford, AZ
I am not sure what you mean by "waste current". Within its limits, an alternator will put out only the current neccesary to run the vehicle and its accessories, plus the current required to maintain the battery at about 12- 13 volts. According to a friend who expeimenting HHO gas, the electrolysis device uses about 45 amps to produce the HHO. That additional load will require almost 1 Hp from the engine. Since the engine is working harder it will burn more fuel. The question then is does the HHO produced make up for the additional fuel consumed to produce it. According to the wiki it does not.

Bronchole

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chatsworth, Ca (LA)
My friend is experimenting with the HHO system right now. He says he is getting a noticable difference in fuel millage, but my biggest concern is that the additional fuel millage is comeing from the intake leak he is creating, not the HHO production.

45 Amps is allot higher than any of the other systems I have read about. My friends system are using around 15 amps, and that was the highest I had noticed until the 45.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Yeah, I had read between 5-15 amps...to me thats "waste current". No more than one or two car amplifiers worth. On a high output alternator 135+ amps, 15 amps is waste current.

Crewwzin

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Freeport, Fl
Yeah, I had read between 5-15 amps...to me thats "waste current". No more than one or two car amplifiers worth. On a high output alternator 135+ amps, 15 amps is waste current.

One or two car amplifiers? Only if they are about 10-20 watts. My 1300 watt 5-channel amp in my DD pulls about 100A. Not quite waste current.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
So how does running your 1300 watt amp affect your fuel economy? Do you get 20% less fuel economy or about the same as with it off? I doubt it makes a huge difference. I have no idea what my 6 channel JL audio amp pulls, but I notice no difference in power or economy with it on... I would imagine, and perhaps I am wrong, that one of the HHO systems wouldnt pull more current than the amp requires. So again, I dont see it as a huge draw on a HO alternator...

Again, I dont purport these things to work. As I have said before, I havent built one and am not totally sure how these are plumbed...but I have read a little. In some cases, unmetered air coming into the system may be generating a lean condition that helps with economy...maybe not the best idea as too lean can be very bad for the engine. If in fact these systems are "closed" to the engine, however, I am not sure how to explain some peoples successes...other than that there may be something to it...whio knows maybe they are steam-cleaning their engine and its literally combusting very dilute water vapor and not 'HHO'. As a researcher, I am a paid skeptic and at the same time asked to synthesize the perfect "needle for the haystack". While I am full of doubt until I can see and touch something, I think there are enough people out there who have built these types of devices who are not trying to sell or market you anything, many are just saying here it is, check it out, hence there may be something to it. I wont bag on it until I can see one "working" and check it out in person.

As far as putting one on one of our trucks, if its a cruiser, maybe, if its a wheeler, probably not, but you could always plumb in some valves or quick disconnects before you hit the trail to keep water and electrolytes out if you go rubber up.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
They say it is good for a 3% increase in gas mileage...

I can get way more than that by changing my driving style....

AKwheeler

Here is what I want to see. I would like someone to hand me one of their units and I'll datalog the fuel trim, load, rpm, MAF and tps both without the device and then with the device installed. Assuming the same drivecycle, load, rpm and such, the fuel trim (the amount of fuel the engine add/subtracts from the calculated value) changes will tell the story.

Think I'll see a 20% reduction? Nah, neither do I, but I think that would be the only real easy way to validate the fuel economy changes. It would take into effect the "placebo effect" that one might have; driving with a lighter foot, slower accelerations and such.

This would be easy. I've asked two different distributors to let me borrow one to test out. Heck-if it worked, I'll buy 3!

If someone has one and wants to send it to me for testing, let me know.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
This stuff always comes around when gas goes up a lot.
-hydrogen bubblers
-tornado intake twirlers
-gas line magnets
-magic gas tank pills
-flame throwing spark plugs
-the famous urban legend carbureter
Ignorant people are suckers for this junk. That's what keeps JC Whitney in business. The best way to get good gas mileage is to lie about it.