• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What did you break on your Bronco today??

akafrankcastle

Loc.
Kansas City
7/8" 1/2" drive Craftsman socket. (Rear springs)

Stay tuned. I've just begun.

My spirit. Two days of soaking the leaf spring hangers and bolts in PBlaster and it still took me an hour to drive out one of the bolts. Damn things have seized to the sleeves in the bushings. I guess 41 years of corrosion will do that.

Last edited:

2monkeyboys

what didn't i break

last Saturday on the way home from a a car show some a$$ cut me off next thing i know were on rolling over two times and land on the passenger side. my friend broke his wrist other than that were ok but the body and possibly the frame are in very bad condition

Attachments

• Picture 173.jpg
    Picture 173.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 165
  • Picture 172.jpg
    Picture 172.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 169
  • Picture 174.jpg
    Picture 174.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 159
  • Picture 175.jpg
    Picture 175.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 159
  • Picture 176.jpg
    Picture 176.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 152
  • Picture 178.jpg
    Picture 178.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 148
  • Picture 180.jpg
    Picture 180.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 146

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
Aw crap man!!! I hope you and your buddies are okay!! Shame about that rig. If someone cut me off like that I would not bother swerving. I hate asses that just cut man. That just sucks!

gddyap

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Mtn View, CA
Hose clamp on one of the cooling lines from the C4 was loose and ended up with about 2qts of ATF all over front passenger wheel well and everything nearby. Made it into a parking lot before the tranny was slipping so much the Bronco wouldn't go. Dad picked me up and I grabbed some tools and ATF and headed back out to fix it.

OP
OP
orangecrush4u

orangecrush4u

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Shelter Island, NY
last Saturday on the way home from a a car show some a$$ cut me off next thing i know were on rolling over two times and land on the passenger side. my friend broke his wrist other than that were ok but the body and possibly the frame are in very bad condition

WOW:eek: that looks like when that bronco in texas chainsaw massicare rolled over!!! Glad you guys were not seriously hurt. Whats the next step for the bronco?

sriha

I hate traffic/other people on the road. Glad no one was seriously hurt in your unfortunate event. Hope you are able to rebuild your rig. If someone did that to me, they would have had my front bumper up their a22 or it would be a monster truck show on the road.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
that really sucks, glad you guys are okay though

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

Holy sheet, glad it wasn't more serious.. Coulda definitely hurt someone worst.!

gslack

Loc.
Colorado Springs
I was taking the front dress off the engine that I am going to be using in my build and 3 of the long water pump/ timing cover bolts broke within 1/8 of a turn.:cry: They didn't even give me a chance.:mad:

dude that sucks, when i went to replace my intake manifold and carb i went to drain the radiator and it wouldnt drain, so i drained it ghetto style and it was all rusted out, so i was like wuuut. and i take the water pump off, its shot, take the timing cover off, its bad too and a super long bolt broke off in the block! all hail 12 hours of not achieving anything but realizing there were more problems than you realized :(

that was in june though.

66ALRIDE

Contributor
Just BIP It!
Loc.
Dothan, AL
Broke both the front and rear end at the SAME time at Bama Brawl last year.

Attachments

• bama brawl.jpg
    bama brawl.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 36

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I broke traction on the rear tires today. Ain't in fun shifting at 5,000 rpm.