• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What did you have to replace or remove upon buying your Bronco from the PO

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
I did not have to do anything. Drove it up the country on day one. What I wanted to replace was a whole other story. Basically everything........ And the story still continues.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
umm, the driver seat since it had a phone book under it and towels stuffed in it for cushioning. oh, and the hard top since it had been sectioned with 50lbs of bondo from a tree branch falling on it. think those were the worst things.

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
shag carpet, 12" kraco radio shack speakers hook up to stock stereo, PVC roll cage

Hank_

Bronco Guru
Suspension, frame, floorboards, engine, and transmission. It will require more but that is where I am at now :.(

Henry

chuckinphx

Loc.
phx
after hearing those stories i feel lucky . P O (dad) gave me bronco , only needing a clutch,, of course not being able to leave well enough alone..lift,wheels,tires,seats,axels, etc etc,, ive protobly taken everything apart except engine..

remi1566

67 bronco with 57,000 original miles...

Rebuilt the top end of the motor due to it sitting for almost 20 years, redid the suspension, new bushings, heater core, starter, alternator, all the hoses, brake lines / hoses and today I installed a Hurst 3 speed floor shifter for a six cylinder from Tom's Broncos....works really well

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
I forgot a couple my 78' had paper mache fenders on the driver side the passenger side had spray foam in the flairs covered by bondo

rootbeer

On my 67 I removed shag carpet, duct tape from seats and from the floor:eek:, rats nests, squirrel nests, miles of wiring or rewiring(for what I will never know?), a home built bumper that weighed 300lbs, floor boards, door jams, cut the rear panels as they were about to fall off due to rust, rear end was full of mud? and it had a bent cracked housing:mad:, and at that point I thought what have I got myself into? I ended up tearing it down to the tub, (best thing I could have done) 6 months later it was a fun ride. On my 75 I removed the rat poisen from the air cleaner, and started driving it ;D

mr incredible

Bronco Guru
everything except the tub ,frame,and axles went in the ol poop can !! and the tub should have went with them . but like an idiot i had to repair/save it .

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
I took a live 30.06 round out of my heater blower motor. Bounced around in there a while before I figured out what the noise was.

NC-Fordguy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Bethel/Greenville NC
Let's see, some of the most memorable

Bronco number 1

The POS fuel injection. Spent 6 months trying to get it to run right. Finally put a carb on and it runs so much better.

Calling the wiring harness a rats nest would be an undersatement. So many things only worked sometimes. Centech harness took care of the issues

I'm not going to count all the things I broke wheeling it.

Bronco number 2.

Had to replace the head because of some booger welds on the exhaust flanges(6 cylinder) On cold days you could see the vapor coming from the passenger side hood vent. First time it happened I thought something was on fire.

My favorite was the floor pan repair. Some sheet tin screwed to the floor with some kool seal sandwiching everything together.

Bronco number 3.

Really haven't started on it but I have a solid tub to swap out

BluebroncoNC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Asheville, NC
The hole, front inner clip including radiator support for starters. The original radiator support was welded together by a repair shop. NO clue where they found a half radiator support to weld to the original...

Attachments

• 01-17-2011 09;16;12PM.jpg
    01-17-2011 09;16;12PM.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 01-17-2011 09;18;18PM.jpg
    01-17-2011 09;18;18PM.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 01-17-2011 09;19;27PM.jpg
    01-17-2011 09;19;27PM.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 29

Tedster100

Chairman of the Bored
I got to thinking about that the other day and found that I could list the things that were original to the old horse much easier.

Motor
Dash & gauges
Axles
Steering Column (minus the shift collar)
Tail lights
Gas, clutch & brake pedals
Wiper motor & linkage

Everything else is new or from another vehicle.

jperry1290

pulled the carpet up to find a rusted floorboard, and when I tapped the floor a hole developed. the rear springs we shot, the tires were too small, and the front inner axle sprung a leak.

dave vh

Loc.
Lock haven
i had no brakes no lights. still have a bunch of repairs to do to the fiberglass body. but all is good i'm happy