• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What did you have to replace or remove upon buying your Bronco from the PO

markperry

Bronco Guru
Front Axel U-joints
Front wheel bearings
Engine (did not really need to replace, but went up to a 351)
Rebuilt tranny
Rebuilt T-case
Rear brakes
Radiator
Wiring harness
Driveshaft U-joints front and rear
Auxiliary tank 12gal
Rear tank 24gal
Windshield seal
Wiper arms (cherokee conversion)
Twin sticks (not necessary but fun)

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Pulled the 100K roller motor out and had it rebuilt, re-seal the C4, rebuild the D20, rebuild both diffs/axles, re-wire, rebuild the carb, find the missing smog parts, flush the rear tank, throw away the front tank, replace the cowl under the hood-rust hidden by caulking and replace two floor boards, gave away the hard top with the pop rivets through the roof, rip out the gray indoor-outdoor carpet in the tub, rip out the 3/4 plywood in the rear which acted like a giant sponge, gave away the seats, cut up the decorative roll bar, took the orange shag carpet out that was glued to the ceiling of the replacement top... I could go on ;D

TM Toys

Loc.
Barboursville , VA
so far flushed fluids , put on pass- front fender , hood , patch both front floors , remove family cage, hard top , replaced wheels/tires, install 1/2 cab, and a winch now waiting for paint job so I can wheel it to see what else needs to be done.

I'm so looking forward to that wheelin trip too !! ;D

66ALRIDE

Contributor
Just BIP It!
Loc.
Dothan, AL
A crazy insane large fuel tank. With that fuel tank it had to have at least a 3" lift to clear a curb.

Attachments

• fuelcell.jpg
    fuelcell.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 45

RIbronco

Loc.
Costa Mesa, CA
I had to cut off a home made snow plow system and remove all the hydraulic controls. The back was full halfway up the windows with junk. Though I must admit, I kept the road cone. A few brake lines were missing as well as the radio.
Even after cutting the plow off, there was still almost no gap above the bump stops, so it got a new, bottom of the line, lift kit.

That would be it for odd stuff. The body is in horrible condition as well as most of the drive train being touch in some way. It would be way too long to list what has and needs to be done.

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
I had to remove 2 cases of oil and almost new set of stock tires from the back of my 1/2 cab, but it only had 13k miles on it. His wife said to just take the oil and tires with it.

jim3326

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Appleturkey
Front and rear driveshafts (so that's what the shakin was, original '66):eek:, tires, PTO winch and exhaust system (I love the smell of carbon monoxide in the morning)%)

Jim W.

Perry Brady

Loc.
Kennesaw, GA
After driving it home on I-75 for 5 hours, I realized the front C bushings were old pieces of tire tread. That was the first thing to go. White knuckle driving!

74NJBronco

Loc.
Livingston, NJ
1st picture: 3rd member felt pretty loose and had a leak from the seal, took it apart and found this!!!!
2nd picture: found this behind some plastic molding in the bed of the truck!!!

Wish I took a picture of a bumper sticker that I took off that said:
" I LOVE YOUR MULLET"

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0324.jpg
    IMG_0324.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 41

TK1791

Loc.
Boca Raton, FL
Well, it'll be a month on Friday that I drove Old Blue back from Jax. Here's what I've done -

Master Cylinder. Starter. Battery Tray. PCV & Breather Caps. Floor mounted horn switch (this was a personal preference - and I found it to be much easier than fixing the hookup to the steering wheel). R Front turn signal. A couple fuses. Tint to the hard door windows. Seatbelts in the rear. Armrests for the rear seat. Waterproof Hella Ignition kill. Oil change. And I think that's it. :)

Looking at all the shit I wrote, I'm rather impressed with myself. Kudos to my Dad for dragging my ass out to the driveway as a kid to help pass him wrenches under the family car(s).

TK

Myllo73

Well.... Let's say that I rescued mine from the po. If a screw on it wasn't stripped it was only hand tight-even the motor mounts. A bright paint job, rims and tires were more important than being able to steer. I decided on a new wiring harness after pulling the aluminum foil out of the fuse holder only to find that the tabs were melted. It had never been in the rain after he painted it, so after installing the top, doors and new weatherstripping I parked it outside to check for leaks so I could fix those as well. Like a lot of them on here, I'm going through everything.

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Monster trailer hitch, brake controller (old style with variable resistance spring coils) and the original rubber mat to see just how bad the floor really were.

LOVNBRONCOS

Loc.
Tucson, Az
First thing the typical wiring ball under the dash that led to nothing. Then all the High per formance stickers on the vent windows, front window, bumpers and roll bar. I might have left them on if the bronco would have had any of that stuff install on it.

fuzzy2133

Loc.
San Jose, CA
The C4 was shot. Some one used creek water at some point so that clogged up the water pump; I got lucky flushing out the rest of the cooling system. Replaced the sweet radiator hose/pipe plumbing combo. Installed proper power steering pump and hoses.

Those items are what have stuck in my mind.

DevilDog

Loc.
Virginia
center console, kick panels, rocker panels, quarter panels, intake manifold gasket, distributer, stereo, speakers, cup holders...