• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What do you do for a living to pay for your Bronco Addiction

bigcountry

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I work for the Georgia Forestry Commission. I am a District Forester and am responsible the forest management and fire activites/suppression for a 23 county area. Good Lord willing I have about 11 years left to retirement, but will probably have to work around 15 more years due to kids in college about retirement time.

Okie69

Contributor
Electronics Technician, United States Navy. I repair and maintain communications equipment as well as Blue Force Tracker (BFT) and Counter Radio-controlled Electronic Warfare (CREW) systems.

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I work as a group leader in the shipping department at a retail store fixture supplier, I have been there 18 years and counting….. Not sure how much longer because most retail outlets are now purchasing their fixtures from China…. :mad:

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I run a halfway house for girls that wont go all the way.

markperry

Bronco Guru
I have been a FedEx driver/manager for 24 years, and my wife has been a FedEx driver for 27 years.

Moldman

Work as a tool and die maker making and repairing plastic injection molds for the plumbing market in Carson City NV. Also have a side business in the garage making gun parts in the off time.

cmc

Cool reading about the variety of jobs people have to support their Bronco's.....I am in my 22nd year in the Marine Corps; planning to retire after three more years. Deploying soon to Afghanistan in order to train Afghan police and Army....fortunately, I should have access to CB.com while I am gone.

Mountain Ram

Contributor
Recovering Masshole
Loc.
Abingdon, VA
I am a General Manager for an Electric motor repair company as well as a machine shop business and aftermarket services for a large electrical mining equipment mtg.

I recently came out of a 12 year career in engineering and corporate sales for the HVAC industry.

At one time- I was a suspension development engineer at Superlift.

Jack of many trades...

Todd

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
I am a sales manager for a manufacturer of rock crushers and related products such as vibrating sizing screens

muskrat

Bronco Guru
I'm in sales, selling products for telecom infrastructure. Been doing this for 5 years. Before that sold cabinets in the telecom world for 15 years. Best part I get to work from home so I can occasionally slip out to the garage and turn wrenches a little early!

ilovemaui

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pacific Moist West
I'm an associate principal at a civil engineering consulting firm. Been an engineer for 24 years but I don't wear a funny hat. I been with this company for 19 years. HHPR

70_Steve

Old Guy
I work for Honeywell providing service and tech support for our industrial process controls and control systems. 15 years doing field service, 17 years tech support. Also bartended on the weekends for 14 years. That's where most of the Bronco money came from.

soms007

I am the plant manager for a metal fabrication company.
Worked my way up from part time employee.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Landscape Architect - going on 15 years. No, I don't install landscaping. I draw plans for new site work. I've been interested in the design/architecture/engineering profession since I was a sophomore in high school 20 years ago. I also substitute teach for a local school district, manage a few rental properties in town, and sell a ton of Bronco parts out of my garage. Mr. Jack of all trades in many ways.

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
I retired from farming after 30 years and went into insurance for 10 years and I guess I have been semi-retired for the last 3 while remodeling my house,my sons house, building my shop and restoring my bronco. I am looking for another career now where I can live here and work on my schedule. I don't mind working a lot of hours, but just do not want to punch a clock. I guess it is from being self employed all my life.