• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What do you do for a living to pay for your Bronco Addiction

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
I'm on my 3rd occupation. Grew up on a farm/ranch in the west Oklahoma panhandle. When I was young owned/operated a welding/machine shop. Later I worked in law enforcement in Oklahoma for a few years, then moved to Kansas and worked up to administrator level in county law enforcement. Got burned out with the politics, blood and gore, elections, and working for the public. Got a job offer back in the private sector, and now i'm on my 11th year with a large independent oil and gas company, currently working as a compliance/regulatory/DOT and PSM coordinator in the Eagleford Shale.

Last edited:

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I am a male prostitute. Someone tell BMC to stop calling me!

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
I sell mobile crushing and screening equipment. Basically rock crushers and screening equipment. The company is based inIreland and I travel a lot. Heading to Africa in a few weeks. It is a great job, just keeps me away from my boys too much! And my Bronco.

69LUBR

I am a cop, pig, five oh, gustapo', oinker, fuzz, po-po, police officer or however you want to look at it. Done just about everything I could that was extra dangerous including SWAT for ten years and Motors for ten years until my knees couldn't handle it anymore. It's been a blast and I'm looking forward to my retirement in two years.

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
Oh, and before that I sold and used explosives, for 8 years. Much more exciting than crushers.

Patrick.M

Loc.
Greenville, SC
I'm an engineer. I work for an industrial gas turbine company doing stress analysis on combustion hardware. I know, sounds exciting.

ChrisC74

I am in sales, we design, supply and sometimes install pre-engineered fueling systems for motor fleet use (cars / trucks / aircraft) - commercial, muni / federal goverment and DOD facilites.

Prest72

Loc.
San Luis Obispo, CA
I'm a Commercial Real Estate broker...basically I lease or sell space to companies - industrial, office, or retail buildings. My job is a bunch of paper shuffling and contract negotiating with no instant gratification...coming home to work on the bronco is a welcome site, and very gratifying!

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
I make little rocks out of big rocks. 30 years in mining this year. Lots of travel, lots of learning, LOTS of friends.

How cool. I have spent about 12 years in mines, quarries etc.... Making big rocks small rocks is all I have done since college. First with explosives and now with crushing and screens. I am amazed there are 3 of us in the same general profession. Iowa is part of my territory. Well, everything East of Wyoming basically.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I used to take big pieces of wood and cut them into little pieces of wood and then glue them back together into big pieces of wood. But i dont do that anymore.

scrapman1971

Loc.
phoenix,az
I own a small recycling company that processes scrap metal, automotive cores, trash, catalytic converters, and over the road freight. 180 employees in 5 states.

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Working into my 34th year for Square D Company. Manufacturing miniature circuit breakers for homes and light industry. Started out as process operator and worked my way up through the company and continuing education. Became a tool and die maker and now for the last 18 years as a manufacturing engineer.

I also work a second job as an associate at Walmart.%) Helping to put my two kids through collage.

Fred