• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What do you do for a living to pay for your Bronco Addiction

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
Just like the title says, what do you do for a living? Kind of a odd question, but I just wanted to know what my Bronco brother and sisters do for a living. (if you can't go into detail that cool)

I work for the City of Lebanon Tn. I do run two programs for the City. I am over the Fats Oil & Grease program (FOG)(food service) and backflow program or Cross Connection Control (protect local water going to customers) 36 yrs old been with the City 14 years strong, 16 more and I am going to retire to greener pasture.

Last edited:

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
I'll play............38 yrs as a Produce Manager in grocery stores. Started in high school ,started at 17 yrs old and took retirement at 55. Now I'm on a merchandiseing team at Home Depot ,monday thru friday 6am-2:30pm 5 store rotation,not a bad gig for retail. Been there 5 yrs,5 more to go.

Hank_

Bronco Guru
I own a business where we handle warranty claims for Ford dealerships. If someone goes to a Ford dealer and has any warranty work done we make sure parts for the car and the labor to do the work is correct and we submit the work to Ford for payment for the dealer. Been doing this since 1989.

Henry

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
27 years in as a Ford parts guy, if any my brothers ever need anything? gimmie a shout...

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
sending the wie to school so she can pay for everything. :)

Bronco717274

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tremont, Ms.
I married my wife, my job is Plant Manager at Big Bee Metal MFG. in Tremont, Ms. If you can hook it to a tractor we make it. I live two blocks from work would walk but it's up hill on the way home at the end of the day.

WMSIII

Loc.
Idaho
Retired Air Force Munitions Maintenance 11 yrs / Recruiter 10 yrs. 21 yrs. Been looking for 2nd career since 09..

Zillacon

Loc.
Hackin Away!
HVAC/R Electrical Tech for an Aerospace/Defense company. Been in the field for 17 Years. I also do a ton of side work to pay for my parts and toys with cash. Now if I could only get my wife to contribute as we have separate accounts. LOL

Last edited:

dave vh

Loc.
Lock haven
i work in the cooler of a milk processing plant . we bottle milk and drinks.schneider valley farms dairy in williamsport pa. serve most of pa. part of new york and bottle milk for wades dairy in conn. a nice 34 deg. all day long. makes summers seem really hot when you get off work and it 90 out. better than working in our freezer though ..it's minus 34 deg. now that is freaking cold !!! worked in there for a little bit pulling our ice cream orders. coming out of there in the summer is like heat shook. the heat change puts you right to sleep.

Broncoman

Bronco Guru
I am a heavy truck technician. Work for a Western Star dealer. But we work on all makes.

wdbowers

Loc.
Ada, Ok
I worked at a Napa parts store for 9 years before going to work at a John Deere dealership working on tractors mostly, been there for almost 22 years.

sgtdcoulter

Loc.
Peachtree City Ga.
Customer Support Mgr/ Service Mgr @ a Detroit Diesel Allison Dist. Been W/ WW Williams 25 years, started off as a mechanic and could not even spell Allison ,We are still family owned since 1912, 100 years old, Great company, hope to retire!

Airmapper

Foolproofness Tester
Loc.
Bowling Green, KY
Mechanical Draftsman. I use CAD and 3D modelling to build machine parts, mostly die components, virtually and make engineering drawings for it. Sometimes I design a project, most of the time I take designs from a tool maker or engineer and finish it out. When done with the build details, I can quote it with outside tool shops, and write up a purchase request to get it built and put to use.

I also draw up safety lockout devices, building layouts (floor plans), signs, labels, and just about anything that can be shown on paper or screen, or be constructed.

And other tasks include maintaining all the related computer file systems and databases for quality and document control. Unofficially I also maintain the computers, and teach the older guys computer tricks.

And..deep breath.....I sometimes clean up the office, fix the copier, turn off the lights people leave on for no reason, and last week I glued a tool makers candy tin shut just for fun.

I need a raise. No, seriously, I need a raise.

kholding

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Las Vegas, NV
I am a Captain at the Clark County Fire Department in Las Vegas, NV. Worked on the "strip" for a number of years. Love everyday of it!

RV77

Loc.
Springfield,IL
I am a automotive mechanic, get to work on Chevy's and Dodge's all day long. (Makes me appreciate ford so much more :)

Aaaah Job security ehh? Im a Mechanic/Technician for the City of Springfield.Maintain Cars,light trucks,Med. and Heavy trucks ( class 8 ) and some small engine...Chainsaws,concrete saws,weed trimmers etc...Been there 12 yrs and worked at International Dealer 10 yrs.prior.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
I am a Captain with the Palo Alto Fire Dept, I work out of the house that serves the Stanford University Campus. Currently an Acting B/C on one of our shifts, 27 years in this summer... ;D