• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What FORD manual MC (disc/disc) has ports on driver sider?

chuzie

Bronco Guru
What FORD manual MC (disc/disc) has ports on driver sider?

I tried to bolt on a manual mc today but my efi intake is in the way of the ports?

Something w/ 1-1/8 bore or less would be great.

Thx.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
I'm going to run chevy K20 calipers front and rear - any M/C suggestions? I was thinking Corvette...

OP
OP
chuzie

chuzie

Bronco Guru
I tried to use my corvette MC and the cast reservoir hits the upper intake.

Who has experience with the MC Wild Horses offers? It has ports on both sides an is supposed to work on manual, HB, vac boost, etc.

If someone has this setup as a manual with EFI intake, please let me know. My big concern is clearance and I do not want to swap my intake around.

http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/Hydroboost_Master_Cylinder

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
my 1972 ford f250 camper special has ports on the drivers side. I run it without a proportioning valve on my bronco and have really good brakes.

Dependant upon where you go the parts book will either list it as "camper Special" or "dual piston calipers"

OP
OP
chuzie

chuzie

Bronco Guru
00, is that setup for disc/disc? I can't find it on the parts sites. How would it be listed? Just as a f-250?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
...Who has experience with the MC Wild Horses offers? It has ports on both sides an is supposed to work on manual, HB, vac boost, etc.

If someone has this setup as a manual with EFI intake, please let me know. My big concern is clearance and I do not want to swap my intake around.[/URL]

This is a '73 with Explorer intake and our master in manual setup.

IMG_1015 (Medium).JPG

It's very close, but clears.
If yours is different than Explorer, not sure if that would be better or worse. There's not much room to play with though, if your upper is wider than an Explorer.

Paul

OP
OP
chuzie

chuzie

Bronco Guru
I am running the older Mustang upper plus it is sitting on a 1" spacer/adapter because it is a 351. Crap! Just don't want to risk all that shipping if I can't know for sure it will fit.

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
This is a '73 with Explorer intake and our master in manual setup.

View attachment 303185

It's very close, but clears.
If yours is different than Explorer, not sure if that would be better or worse. There's not much room to play with though, if your upper is wider than an Explorer.

Paul

That is too close - what happens when the engine rocks to the drivers side when put under a load? Engine vs M/C - the engine is going to win every time..

I am running the older Mustang upper plus it is sitting on a 1" spacer/adapter because it is a 351. Crap! Just don't want to risk all that shipping if I can't know for sure it will fit.

I'm running the same setup and I flipped my intake as the 76 F250 Camper Special M/C sits too close with the intake pointed that direction... I flipped my intake, extended the MAF wires, removed the EGR spacer and rotate the throttle body to get the cable on the bottom and used a Mr Gasket throttle cable kit to hook it up. Worked great and was cheap-

My thread has lots of pics of that setup - can't get around it without an ungodly body lift...

OP
OP
chuzie

chuzie

Bronco Guru
Well, flipping it is not an option for me even though it would save me $200 and nothing seems like it will fit for sure so manual brakes are out.

Time to install the old stock '77 booster bracket and order a new vac booster along with that fancy MC from Wild Horses. I don't usually spend that kind of $$ but at this point, I am fed up with this brake issue and MUST find some sort of resolution.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
00, is that setup for disc/disc? I can't find it on the parts sites. How would it be listed? Just as a f-250?

'73 to '74 F-250 standard brake (dual piston caliper) camper special master cylinder.

It's about $18 bucks at AutoZone.

Very narrow master cylinder with a big bore and driver side ports.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What about simply making a tapered spacer to slightly angle the master away from the plenum?
I would think there would be enough leeway in the pedal rod to accommodate.

Or, a cool setup I've always wondered bout would be to make a simple adapter to the factory type angle bracket to eliminate the booster and just mount the master straight to it.
You'd have to twiddle with making a custom actuating rod for the master side, but I would think with the parts available that would not be too hard either.
And you have almost all the parts already.

Never tried it, or even taken measurements to that end. So if that doesn't fly for some reason, what would that reason be?

Paul

OP
OP
chuzie

chuzie

Bronco Guru
Found it. Thanks. Looks like it has 1-1/4" bore. Seems pretty large for a manual 4 wheel disc setup. How does the pedal treat you?

Where was the residual pressure valve located in this unit? I assume you removed it.

OP
OP
chuzie

chuzie

Bronco Guru
Paul, I actually thought about doing that same thing today but decided I have run out of time and need to get this system up and running. I wish I had time to fiddle and fabricate but it just isn't in the cards.

Placing my order with WH now.

red hot71

Loc.
kent wash.
I think 1 1/4" master with manual is not going to work very well, its going to be a very stiff petal. I think 1" or 1 1/8" is a better idea. I look at a ford ranger w/4 wheel disc minus cruz control (cruz has a third port).

bronconut73

Bronco Guru

Found it. Thanks. Looks like it has 1-1/4" bore. Seems pretty large for a manual 4 wheel disc setup. How does the pedal treat you?

Where was the residual pressure valve located in this unit? I assume you removed it.

Regarding the residual valve. My rebuilt Autozone mc didn't have one in it.
The bore is big. It provides a nice stiff pedal. Some think it makes too stiff of a pedal. I like it. No mushiness at all. Solid pedal. Strong brakes.

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
The camper special master cylinder has a really good pedal its a little stiff compoared to power but its a good positve stop.

I friend of mine spent tons of time and effort trying to get a power brake set up and when he drove mine with the camper special on it he took the power ooster off and sold it on ebay, and went and bought him a camper special too. I ran it with an 87 mustang upper and a 1" spacer for years. It was about an inch from hte intake.