• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What new products for broncos would you like to see...

Mike Hewett

Ok, here is the question I pose to all of you in bronco land... What new products or parts would you like to see for broncos that or are not available or could be improved ?

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
A safari rack that would mount under the hardtop or soft top channels and under the windshield mount points. That way you could run a basket or carry canoes, kayaks, parts, tools or any other gear/coolers year round without dinging up the hard top or tearing the soft top. Obviously, could work against some of the hard-core rock guys due to top-heaviness, but could at least allow you to get your rig and gear to the area without having to have a support truck or tow rig. I have a design in mind that I have come up wtiht from the design of some of the work-trucks with cabs that I have seen, but no hardware-means to fab it...its in the cue when I get a welder and some fab-experience. Does everyone know what I am talking about? I have never, ever seen a Bronco run one and I have asked a couple of vendors about the idea and no one had any response. I think it would be great, space is a big deal for me, especially since I like to tak my dog on road trips. Two people, two packs, a dog, a cooler and tools and there is no room for anything else...being able to put the packs, cooler or anything on top would be great...its not like it can spoil the aerodynamics of the rig.

YelloTx73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Katy/Galveston, TX
Hey Trailpyscho, so this rack mounts above your head inside the bronco? If so, I think that there might be a clearance issue with taller drivers. SOunds like an excellent idea though, sorry, not trying to hijack the thread

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
I think a lot of people would like New orginal style rear seat arm rests. As it seems they are always in high demand and no one makes them yet. It would also be nice to have New orginal saginaw P/S Boxes instead of the conversions we have now even though some of them are bolt on.

1975stroppebaja

Bronco Guru
Mike Hewett said:
Ok, here is the question I pose to all of you in bronco land... What new products or parts would you like to see for broncos that or are not available or could be improved ?

Don't know what area of products you are asking about, but one obvious thing is better replacement taillight corners.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
It would only be a clearance issue if you were 8+ft tall. If your head fits inside currently with a hard top or a soft-top, then you woud fit with the rack installed...as it would sit a bit above the hard-top/soft top. The windshield frame would just be like a front tie-in point...the weight would mostly be on the bed-rails...just like on a regular tubed rack on a work-pick up...instead of the mount points falling inside the bed, they would mount under the length of the soft or hard top using the existing holes. The gap generated by this plate...think extended angle would be universal around the entire mounting surface (top at bed rails and at windshield) so no fitment issues. Most door/top rubbers could withstand the additional ~1/8-1/4 inch gap generated by this spacer; same with tailgate. Would not affect the stretch of the soft-top. Follow me??

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Mike had inquired about making some bumpers and such, so I was assuming he was inquiring about products he could fabricate...hence I thought of my safari rack project.....but if we are talking about dream products....let me go get my 5 3inch notebooks.... ;D

yak67

Bronco Guru
How about some nice tube doors, for those of us who like to run with no doors, but don't like the big square open look....Monkeybiz had an idea in one of the other threads about using the lift off hinges to attach them...I like his thinking

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Tube doors sound cool as well. What about you Mike? What are you thinking? What is inside you that you want to build? Me, I have alot of baggage, so I need a safari rack. MonkeyBiz, likes to throw POO, cause hes a monkey and monkeys do that, so he needs tube doors. What is it that you need to build to be fulfilled? I know you said you had bought a welder. Do you also have a tube bender and knotcher? There are a couple of threads I have seen where a guy fabbed up some great tube doors...incorporating a stock latch.

I just thought of another product, how about a tub rotisserie--on the cheap? They are at least a grand at the ones I have seen on ebay. If anyone has one they wan to rent out for a couple of months....PM me...will travel.

OP
OP
M

Mike Hewett

I have quite a few ideas, ultimately I would like to have a bronco business, you know bc broncos, wildhorses etc. I would like to get started at least trying to make some income with my hobby (wouldn't we all). I am thinking tube doors, flamed headliners/door panels, toneau covers, bumpers like I have talked about before, traction bars/anti axle wrap bars, etc.

DEANCURTIS17

Loc.
Northern Virginia
trailpsycho said:
It would only be a clearance issue if you were 8+ft tall. If your head fits inside currently with a hard top or a soft-top, then you woud fit with the rack installed...as it would sit a bit above the hard-top/soft top. The windshield frame would just be like a front tie-in point...the weight would mostly be on the bed-rails...just like on a regular tubed rack on a work-pick up...instead of the mount points falling inside the bed, they would mount under the length of the soft or hard top using the existing holes. The gap generated by this plate...think extended angle would be universal around the entire mounting surface (top at bed rails and at windshield) so no fitment issues. Most door/top rubbers could withstand the additional ~1/8-1/4 inch gap generated by this spacer; same with tailgate. Would not affect the stretch of the soft-top. Follow me??

I have a rack like this, I'm trying to give it away. It worked well and was removable, but just wasn't my style. When the rack was on, it was the size of the entire top. I think some guy make come by and grab it in January. If he doesn't, do you want it? See the pics attached. Hopefully you can see it.

Attachments

• Bronco 5.jpg
    Bronco 5.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 258

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
Tube Doors!!!!

YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!!!!

Coffee coffeee buzzz buzzzz buzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Iiiieeeeeeee!!!!!!!

Look at me, I am chasing my tail!!!!!!

Ok, I need to go run 15k to get rid of this Starschmucks!!!!!!!!!

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
[In best Little John voice]: Yyyeaaaaaahhh! Yes, yes, sir that would be of the configuration to which I was referring.

Thanks J-Dub, that is what I am talking about, perhaps with a pivot to tilt the whole thing toward the back, perhaps not. If I can arrange the cross supports such that it doesnt interfere with the opening and closing of the soft-top, then it would not be hinged. In my design, most likely, the two upper-supports would extend off of one continuous piece of angle, as opposed to the flat stock like the one in the link. Although, it would depend on the aesthetics too. Functionality is paramount, but it should look good too, full length angle may be overkill, tacky looking and pose some drainage issues, but it may add some extra balls and attachment points too...gussets from the base onto the tubes should be fine too...wont know till I get to it...which at the rate I am going is far, far away.

Mike- I wish you success in your dream to have your own business. Keep us posted on your ideas and products and as they say in the movies...build it and they will come.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
DeanCurtis- Got any other pics of how that rack is attached? It looks like it isbolted to the top. I might be interested in using it as a starting point or as is until I get around to doing something different. Let me know if the other guy doesnt come through...any excuse for a road trip is a good one...plus there have been quite a few productive east-coasters the last couple of years, it would be cool to check out some of the restos...I think I owe Monkey some good midwest microbrews anyway

MisFitToy

Loc.
Calif
Dude, Tube door would be something I would go in on. I am getting a cage from protofab and I think that the tube doors would be sweet with that set up. If someone is going to make them up let me know what the pricing would be because I would like to get a set for my bronco..

MisFitToy

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
A virgin dashboard.
No holes no dents no nothing just a brand new dashboard.
Rumor has it a california company is making one but I dont see it yet
TOFIC

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
ditto on the tube doors.

I'd also like to see a virgin dashboard, but it would be cool if there was a stainless steel one.

It would be nice if someone made a reproduction steering wheel.